What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EMI FILTER FAILURE?!?

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi all,

Just been round to look at a fuse popping issue on BSD, traces it all the way down to the EMI filter - which in a way is good... all the gurus out there, what would cause this to go? Or do they just flake out?

This looks like the newest part of the machine, has it been changed before, I don’t want to just change it out and not solve the underlying issue...

B7D47FEB-C29F-4F50-AC29-898DFFB6B458.jpeg

713137FC-7188-4B93-820E-BF0AA39056BF.jpeg

Thanks @pinballmania and @Poibug - I guess the MOV's is the varistor? I tried cutting this out but still shorted, this was with the transformer unplugged.

The symptoms leading up to this failure was of the game rebooting as if there was a short on the game. My concern is this has failed due to something upstream, but am hoping this was in fact the cause of the resets... any chance that is the case?

Could be. Replace it and find out. Unlikely anything upstream is causing it.

The inline thermistor is also know as a cause of resets. So when you replace the filter you might as well replace the thermistor too.

Back
Top Bottom