What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email notifications delayed

Spandangler

Site Supporter
Anyone else experiencing this? I’m using iPhone. My notifications are coming through but very delayed and sporadic.
For example I was notified about five mins ago about Scottys Deadpool LE for sale which was posted on Saturday night. Conversations are also delayed in coming through.
For your info @Paul incase there is an issue
Cheers
Gaz

My notifications have been all over the shop for a while.
Some go to my spam. Replies from the same thread.
Always just thought it was my luck. I'm on a Sony Xperia with Microsoft outlook

Hmm strange... I'll ask the hosts to check email and confirm it is all as it should be. I seem to get these ok on any watched forums/posts and they usually arrive in a few minutes. However I am using my own domain and none of these Yahoo/gmail etc services, so this might be where the issue lies.

Thanks for the heads up - will report back.

Would be useful to know who you use as an email host (Dont need the full email)...

Anyone else getting this issue??

(Thanks for the heads up)
Paul

Hmm strange... I'll ask the hosts to check email and confirm it is all as it should be. I seem to get these ok on any watched forums/posts and they usually arrive in a few minutes. However I am using my own domain and none of these Yahoo/gmail etc services, so this might be where the issue lies.

Thanks for the heads up - will report back.

Would be useful to know who you use as an email host (Dont need the full email)...

Anyone else getting this issue??

(Thanks for the heads up)
Paul

Hi Paul. Since you’ve asked - it’s been happening to me to. I’ve had a raft of email notifications in the last 24 hours telling me about a reply in pm conversations that happened end of last week that I already seen and replied to.

FYI my account is linked to a yahoo address

ok cool.. thats one for Yahoo then...... Thanks for that... :)

Who else is this affecting and what provider please??

I'll ask the hosts to check once i have have a little more info, since i know they will ask...

So effectively if you are having issues with these either delayed or going to the wrong folder i need to know:

1. Issue (Delayed/Spam folder)
2. Provider (Yahoo/Gmail/etc)

Any oher mail issues? May as well throw that in whilst i am doing it :)

Many thanks

I've been seeing this with gmail since yesterday, notification of posts and private messages taking an hour or two to come through. It's never happened before, AFAIK.

For me there was no notifications at the weekend ,but yesterday and this morning received them on my AOL email address !

I don't know if it's related but I've also seen something like "sorry we're having some problems" when navigating the site. Also never seen before yesterday.

I don't know if it's related but I've also seen something like "sorry we're having some problems" when navigating the site. Also never seen before yesterday.

Hold on - on this site????

Yes, yesterday it was when I was clicking the notification bell.

that's worrying... If ever anyone sees something like this again could they screenshot and send it over please...

So - People still getting issues with mail?? This was what i has back from the hosts...

We've seen a few emails bounced or delayed sending to Yahoo in the last few days. We use SpamExperts to route/relay all of our outbound email through, but unfortunately one of their IPs ended up blacklisted in Yahoo's system and this was the cause of the bounces you saw. We have been in touch with them and they say they've removed the affected IP from their 'pool' - are you still seeing bounces if you try sending now?

The blacklisting issue wasn't anything to do with your server specifically or anything you had done, it was unfortunately a SpamExperts issue which whilst rare, is still a possibility unfortunately.

Spamexperts have told me twice they're monitoring the situation. I'll check it again later. We have a backup supplier we can switch to if needed.

I'll also double check all your SPF, DKIM and DMARC entries.

You should know Gaz - Has to get worse before it gets better!!....

So - an update...

We changed the mail setup last night. You might still get delay notifications about past mail, but shouldn't get any more now.

Checking the bounced mail filter which i have on here (and will become active after this has all blown over..) I have only had 26 delays/bounces since midnight... those all look historic, and i expect those to all have timed out/be rejected after 72 hours....

Are all NEW mails now coming through ok? Looks happier this end now...

Cheers
Paul

Message posted in the LOTR for sale thread at 13:18, email notification received at 18:32.

I have the same issues and have had since joining Paul, the emails land some after a reply, so for example the very same thread insx refers to above (I was the OP) was added today at 13.18 I was notified at 17.37.

Being new I was not sure if it was just slow but pleased to find a thread showing that it shouldn’t be 😊

I’m on sophos then direct with Microsoft so no Yahoo here. FYI

Hmm strange.... There's nothing in the bounce queue... so a slightly different issue as those were being delayed due to continual bounces...

My personal Email is hosted on the same server as the forum - and i'm getting immediate notifications (Well - few minutes)... So must be something about how they are sent.

Will continue to investigate - however thanks for the update :)

Back
Top Bottom