What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted EM Bits

James

Site Supporter
Alias
James
Hi All,

I need one of the little leaf switches, if anyone has one, I don't think @philpalmer does EM leaf switches and @pinballmania is on a break at the moment, it's one of the small normally closed ones as pictured, just noticed this was gone when taking the backbox out to do the stepper reels. The “head” has snapped off

E927F347-F65B-40ED-A7CE-A0FBCBA60263.jpeg

Also need one of the drive plungers as that seems to be all that's missing from the match unit (and a coil stop which I can get elsewhere.

Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 15.49.18.png

Lastly, I have deleted the other thread, but looking for one of these... VERY expensive to bring in from the USA (£40!)

Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 15.51.24.png

Surely there are some other EM peeps out there that have some of these from an old banger (to put into my old banger!) LOL

Attachments

• 61CFDF0E-20D3-4828-AC4F-8FC57E274EDE.jpeg
    61CFDF0E-20D3-4828-AC4F-8FC57E274EDE.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 10
James hopefully you'll find the score reel blank, just an idea but if not inkonchito has labels of the score reel numbers on his site to print, you could stick them around a cylinder section of a pop bottle or similar as a stop gap. Alternatively buy one of the reel units (only £8 I think) from Andy and adapt that, as you have several score drum units in your machine (and they're gummed up?) having a spares reel to rob parts is very handy.

I'm sure I'll have a relay switch you can use (albeit likely off a Bally) can you provide the measurements and distance between holes. Btw, you make them NO or NC when you adjust and install them - now you're in EM club you need one of these in the toolbox for the job (and the Dremel sabre!)

James hopefully you'll find the score reel blank, just an idea but if not inkonchito has labels of the score reel numbers on his site to print, you could stick them around a cylinder section of a pop bottle or similar as a stop gap. Alternatively buy one of the reel units (only £8 I think) from Andy and adapt that, as you have several score drum units in your machine (and they're gummed up?) having a spares reel to rob parts is very handy.

I'm sure I'll have a relay switch you can use (albeit likely off a Bally) can you provide the measurements and distance between holes. Btw, you make them NO or NC when you adjust and install them - now you're in EM club you need one of these in the toolbox for the job (and the Dremel sabre!)

View attachment 82013

That idea of using an old fizzy drinks bottle is a cracker. Easy to cut, easy to paint, easy to mount.
Do you think an old linear flipper plunger can be used as a temp for the mech plunger ?

Thanks for the help, I’ll be putting an order in when he’s back for sure :) - might print something off as having the BG redone by a friend in photoshop, so he could just add the zero then...

That idea of using an old fizzy drinks bottle is a cracker. Easy to cut, easy to paint, easy to mount.
Do you think an old linear flipper plunger can be used as a temp for the mech plunger ?

Possibly, but it needs to be notched, which I don’t think I’m up to, I have some friends round for a birthday bash in something like 2 weeks, so trying to have it as the “new” pin for it, they’ve been on about me getting one and EM talk seems to come up every time, they don’t know I picked this beauty up :p (That’s a lie, one does he’s doing the backglass, but only he does).

The height is 45mm of the switch and 5mm between screw holes.

7065D895-8609-4B38-9322-44B148F90134.jpeg

BE3910B3-EB78-4568-9663-EE69785B3104.jpeg

Now about to update the log.

I'll check in the morning, I see it has the bigger contacts so I assume part of the higher voltage coil side circuit. This really reminds me of my project all the fabric braiding on the coils is faded so difficult to identify individual wires.

Switch like this?

You cut them to size and add the contact where you want.

IMG_5083.jpg

Pinballmaina had a load of em relays for sale. Well they were advertised as the coil for sale and the relay was included. May be worth dropping him an pm.

Great you're sorted on the relay switch, I'm not sure my Bally ones are compatible.

If you go down the DIY/pop bottle score reel blank here's the link to the number labels (if you use paypal Inkochnito a "drink" :))

Pic of them in action, I like the way the join is between 4 and 5 so hidden when reels are zeroed (not in this photo must have changed later)

Back
Top Bottom