What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elvis

R

robertlucas1970

I expect I will have many questions about this pin so will keep them all in here.
I started to clean it and then strip a few bits for cleaning and before I know it I have stripped the lot !
Took lots of pics and will just tumble a few bits at a time
My first question is about the 2 metal plate ramps, on both the ends are flapping about, I have yet to find a replacement, so is there a place where we can send these to be welded ?
I do have places round here, but if they mess it up then I have no ramps, so just wondered if there is a place who would of done this sort of work before.
It also needed English sound roms which I have on the way, have ordered some bits through Phil such as the top mini playfield, Elvis Torso and Decal kit.
I intent to keep this and want to get it as nice as I can, so if anybody has any bits kicking about I would be interested.

Many Thanks

Robert

Thanks but no, im loving the pinball at the minute, Elvis is in a million bits, all good fun, but its not cost effective to try and get one mint is it, have now spent over 500 on bits and still looking for ramps

i am sure phil has those ramps not on his website but i am sure i have seen them when i have been there
post a pic as andy says i may be able to fix them

Thanks guys, Phil has the right ramp which I have ordered, so just looking for the left or might do a repair, I have the upper playfield, dancing Elviis and Hound Dog on the way from Marco so making some progress

20160524_161958.jpg

Im very happy with how its starting to look now, bottom half is done, all metal bits have been in tumbler, rebuilt the flippers as they was shot, got new flipper bats on the way, new roms fitted and now its in English ! Rebuilt sling slots with new switches and red flasher, so bottom half is looking mint.

20160525_061024 (1).jpg 20160525_061048 (1).jpg
20160524_195534.jpg

With that ramp being gold coloured you wouldn't want it welding. It will discolour it something rotten.
What I suggest is to remove the broken stubs from the slots and make a couple of small metal pieces to bond to the outside of the ramp with araldite.
If you are stuck for somebody local to do it, send it to me and I'll have a peep at it for you.

The other alternative is to get it welded and then get the ramp plated.

Actually, looking at your photo again you could make some little L shaped brackets with a couple of holes in that would then be held in place by the two mounting screws. That would hold the ramp together.

Thanks I think that will work, I have a new right ramp on the way which has gone the same on both sides, I have used JB weld before which is very good glue so will try a tiny bit of that in the slots and put a spring clamp on it overnight.
Many Thanks

Back
Top Bottom