What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Elk toy for Big Buck Hunter

R

robertlucas1970

I have a BBH which I got from ebay, same old story, was described as Excellent condition, lots of problems which I have now sorted, but the Elk toy is missing.
Its not in stock any place, also asked Stern if they had one about, have also tried a few Elk/Deer toys from ebay and Amazon, all too big or too small.
Does anybody know who made the toys or might know where I can get one.
Many Thanks

Cannot help with this I am afraid @robertlucas1970 - but is there any recourse through eBay?

The problem as always with an Ebay pinball seller is if they are a non pinhead they may have had a machine years and be totally unaware a certain feature/part is broken / missing. Many casual owners have never opened up their games, if it turns on with a few lights and flips they are happy.

Even pinheads can disagree on condition description...so if its a non pinhead, any description is verging on meaningless. As always viewing in person always the best, of if not possible ....then you have to take the gamble.

Its my own fault for buying a pin blind, but the seller could not have it collected on weekends or after 6pm ! which I expect would be a problem for anybody that works full time.
Its now looking nice after a full top playfield strip and £200 worth of bits and LED kit, just need the Elk to finish it off and will not be buying blind off ebay again.....

IMG_20190525_144914864.jpg

IMG_20190525_144921748 (1).jpg

The problem as always with an Ebay pinball seller is if they are a non pinhead they may have had a machine years and be totally unaware a certain feature/part is broken / missing. Many casual owners have never opened up their games, if it turns on with a few lights and flips they are happy.

Even pinheads can disagree on condition description...so if its a non pinhead, any description is verging on meaningless. As always viewing in person always the best, of if not possible ....then you have to take the gamble.

Yes I do understand, but this was from a operator and look at the back box light, its a metal cased B&Q unit just flapping about in there, I pulled all this out before I turned it on, It now has new ballast and correct ends
IMG_20190521_171606528.jpg

Its my own fault for buying a pin blind, but the seller could not have it collected on weekends or after 6pm ! which I expect would be a problem for anybody that works full time.
Its now looking nice after a full top playfield strip and £200 worth of bits and LED kit, just need the Elk to finish it off and will not be buying blind off ebay again.....

View attachment 85828

View attachment 85829

Looking good !

Yeah some elbow grease and £200 can sort out most games - but it's annoying to say the least if you hadn't factored that in. I just assume now any game I haven't personally seen will have anything from a couple to a multitude of issues to sort out....small, large and everything inbetween.

Oh and operators are often the worst !

Have you asked on Pinside Robert? They probably sold 50x more BBH in the US than here ( I know pinside isn't American but a high % of members are)

The problem is that an elk is not a well know animal here (when compared to deer or a moose), so finding a figurine of one in the UK is slim I would have thought!

If you can find an elk model that is a tad too small, I would go with that. You really only see it during Elk Multiball, so it’s not a huge loss in my opinion.

Yours looks good now though and I am still in two minds whether to let mine go. It’s a fun game!

Last edited:
Out of interest, was this the pin Aztec was selling?
Yes, its looking nice now, but has cost an extra £400 now to fix all problems, non of the optos worked, 6 switches out including the shooter lane switch so all the balls were getting clogged up.

Back
Top Bottom