What's new

Sold EBD LE Cab, Playfield

todler

Site Supporter
Hi, picked up an EBD LE as a major project. Initially thought it was just an EBD and was going to scrap for spares but when I realised it was an LE cab I thought this was a bit drastic.
As I have said it is a major project and requires all the boards displays and Backglass, so looking for any of these.
However if anyone has an EBD that they want to upgrade let me know as would be willing to move on if going to get restored.
PM me if you have anything available

Cheers Tony

I always thought that the L.E. (and Centaur II) were put in that cabinet to use up unsold cabinets from Bally's Hyperball clone, called Rapid Fire (Williams used their left-over HB cabinets for Defender).

Funnily enough, I've seen plenty of L.E.'s, but only one regular 8BD. And the Bell Games conversion/copy 'Pin Ball Pool' seemed to be one of the more prolific ones as well.

Last edited:
Don't forget Mr and Mrs Pacman was in these cabinets too.

The only non standard cabinet part In Hypeball was the speaker grille (I know as I have Defender and Hyperball) :)

EBD LE project now up for sale. To many projects (4), too little room and a loan machine incoming so something has to go. Pictures attached. Head, Cab and playfield. No boards or displays, backglass, playfield glass, legs or lockdown. I do have leads on a few bits. Head is included but not pictured.
I did say project :eek:
Little bit of water damage to the back, and do have the correct black apron which needs restoring.
I could strip for spares and then use cab/playfield for decoration but hopefully someone will want to restore it, upgrade an EBD or even convert to a virtual pin cab.
Looking for £100

Located in Wiltshire

20131231_102327.jpg 20131231_102336.jpg 20131231_102345.jpg 20131231_102355.jpg 20131231_102404.jpg 20131231_102411.jpg 20131231_102417.jpg 20131231_102428.jpg 20131231_102434.jpg

Bump for anyone interested. Incoming loan machine on Sunday so this is in short term storage over a mates house (he wants in gone asap). If no one is interested I am sorry to say I will strip the playfield and use as wall art and sell the playfield parts. Cab would then be available separately or again broken up and used for wall art. Would make a good donor for a virtual pinball cab.

It would be a shame to break this ... I'd buy it but I already have two of these awaiting restoration it wouldn't be a good idea!

No, no mylar. It has been touched up in the center by the looks of it. To be honest I picked it up with the intention of scrapping it for bits but when I realised it was an LE cab I had a change of heart. However got 4 machines folded up and storing a machine for a mate (ACDC Prem so couldn't say no), so something has to go to make room.
Worth more than £100 in spares just for the plastics and mechs so thought someone would have snapped this up as a restore project.

Bump for this EBDLE. My mate now needs the space so this needs to go or will be broken down for spares and the cab broken. He needs it moved within the next 2 weeks.

PM me if interested.

Cheers

if you were nearer i would have bought right away, or maybe if you have more machines to sell and it would be a bulk buy

What exactly do you have?

From the photos:
Is the playfield complete (missing any major parts).
Wiring?

What I can't see in the photos ... are any of these included?
boards
displays
display mounting hardware and wiring
display decal
transformer (in the bottom of the cabinet)
Top half of the backbox
boards
Legs
glass
lockdown bar

It does not have any displays,boards, legs, lockdown, or glass. Just checked and the transformer has also been removed.
Playfield looks complete except for one of the bumper covers. Has backbox and mounting insert for displays.
Has apron but this is in poor condition.
Also have a spare "white " apron and 2nd Playfield with most parts on underside and really worn top.
Like I said a big project.

Very interested, just need to work out how to get it.

Shame the transformer was missing, really needed that!

Just a quick update. The game finally arrived at mine just a few days before christmas.

The cabinet was in much better condition that I could ever have hope for. I now have three of these EBD-LEs and this cabinet is by far the nicest of the lot. Both playfields are badly worn but have pretty good condition parts, wheras the ones I had already are better but have lots of corrosion.

Anyway the game is set up, I'be been though all of the cabinet apart from the coin door and fitted the complete playfield that came with it and you can even have a half decent game. Result.

The hope is that I can make two nice games from all this stuff, but that will take many an hours work.

Here's a few pictures (Bonus Points of you can name every game you can see in the photos) :)

Up and running (sorry about the shake!)
IMG_5866.jpg

Playfields #2, #3 and #4. Notes: #3 (middle) is really nice and only needs a few minor touch ups, has factory fukll mylar fitted) #4 (furthest away) has the worst wear but the best metal parts.
IMG_5867.JPG

Heads #2 and #3 (bodies for them not pictured as they are still in storage.
IMG_5868.jpg

Thank you Tony!

PS can a mod mark this as sold please.

Hi Dave, thanks for the update. Glad to see it was of use ( didn't know there were 2 different coloured cabs).

Are you a bit of a SW buff? Would love to have a SW cockpit but I wouldn't have the room and no doubt get board of it quickly. Currently have a DESW and SWT.

Only can see the DESW and LOTR set up. Not sure what the machine is folded up to the left.

Cheers Tony

P.s thread marked as sold.

They should all be gold, the black one has been overpainted.

I suppose I am a bit of a SW nerd but the DESW is on loan for me to do a Dual v103/104 Mod so that Rob Denton can switch between the two ROM versions and retain high scores and settings. Works nicely too. :)

Back
Top Bottom