What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay

paddythegreek

Site Supporter
Alias
Ken
I know we all begrudge putting money ebays way but wtf. A future spa with issues has just sold for £722 whilst poor old Keith struggled to sell his working one on here for £600 then £500 then was reduced even more before it sold. Yes its probably because its christmas and the prats come out the woodwork this time of the year but is this the answer for a cheap pin.
Even after paying 10% commission the guys made £650 so maybe if at first you don't succeed on the forum, bung it on ebay. Certainly food for thought? or not. Ken

Yep, I could have stuck my Future Spa up on Ebay the other month, but I'd rather the game went to another forum member.

I also refuse to give the robbing greedy b@stards of Ebay their oversized cut of the sale price. I'll never sell anything on ebay, ever for that reason. :tut:

I think that it all depends on the title. On here there is an element of "group think" - ie opinions commonly shared between a number of folk in close proximity.

Future Spa is not a popular game on this forum. There are very few buyers on here for titles like Nitro Ground Shaker, Future Spa, Vector. We all know that these games are not as good as Fathom, 8 Ball,, Flash Gordon ...... I do not know how many guys on here would actually ever want to own a secondary Bally SS title like these (as opposed to buying cheap and selling on for a profit). Is it 20 of us maybe ?

I advertised my Vector on this Forum. Folk on here think Vector is crap so I got zero interest. I put it on Gumtree and had two offers at the same asking price within two days. The buyer of my Vector did not use this forum. He did not see Vector as a crap game - he had never even played it before. He saw Vector as one of three double backglass games. Mine was a good original example that had been shopped out. He liked the art. He had the other two double backglass games and wanted to complete his set

If you are flogging more popular titles - like modern sterns, WPC games, good System 11 - there are far more folk on here that are interested in them than Bally SS so I still think you will get a decent price using the forum

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom