What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eBay scams on itv

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
yup - shockingly low sentences.

seeing him cry though was epic!

Reactions: ski
It's shocking the amount of effort that the cops need to put in to nail one gang - and there are probably hundreds of them. Need to make crimes like this a bit like speeding in my view - prove it wasn't you...

Pathetic sentences. What a joke. And again, never trust a man with a beard.

Yes and the snowflakes attacked him, they will learn.

Encountered more than enough of them in Stockholm. Often wondered what it's like in Romania and if there are other trades than begging and stealing?

Loved the copper at the end's remark. Something along the lines of "They should have thought about that before ripping off all those people" when they perps were feeling sorry for themselves.

Encountered more than enough of them in Stockholm. Often wondered what it's like in Romania and if there are other trades than begging and stealing?
is there anyone left living in Romania now??????? :suspect:no deterent with those sentences. same with buying pins, pay on collection, safest way

To steal £2m, get 5 yr sentence. 2.5 yrs inside.

Sadly, that is a trade off that thousands of criminals will very happily make. Minimum wage at amazon, mcdonalds, starbucks ? You can see why they do it.

What would immediately have an impact is meaningful fines as well as custodial sentences. We routinely hear that the police do not have resources. The prison service does not have resources .....

With drunk drivers - impose a meaningful fine, say 1 year's salary and confiscate the vehicle. A copper in a car, going round village pubs where I live would get at least two from my village alone in a night. His 30k salary would get paid in a weekend.

With mad cyclists - confiscate the bike, impose a meaningful fine (thousands). If coppers earn thirty grand a year. 2 coppers at 60k a year, £1,000 per cyclist convicted. One with a camera at a junction, the other down the road to pull the cyclist over. They would get 60 cyclists in a DAY in London

For drugs - confiscate all vehicles and premises associated with the trade

Using a handheld phone while driving a vehicle ? Two coppers again, one with the camera. They would pay their annual salaries in a day if the cars were confiscated and the drivers fines

Bring back corporal punishment, like in Singapore. This is cheap to administer. The shoplifter is unlikely to offend 50 times and get repeated cautions if he was caned after each offence

The police service would become self funding for all manner of crimes

Biometric passports. Biometric checks of every person entering the UK via planes, ferries etc

It is just ignorant and narrow-minded to think that our society lacks the resources to target, punish and deter criminals. We all see crimes being committed on a daily basis. What we lack is leaders with vision

We could stop wasting money in Scotlands / Sturgeons need for repeated referendums and have just one in the U.K. To say whether we want the Scottish to be part of the uk.....why should they get to choose? :p

With drunk drivers - impose a meaningful fine, say 1 year's salary and confiscate the vehicle. A copper in a car, going round village pubs where I live would get at least two from my village alone in a night. His 30k salary would get paid in a weekend.
Maybe if they could collect that sort of payment then yes.

I suspect a lot of people would quit the moment that it was no longer profitable for them to work. And unfortunately you can't get blood out of a stone.

I do agree that something needs shaking up though. The sentences being handed down are no deterrent at all and crime is simply spiraling out of control.

Chuck in workfayre and/ or community service for the folk too skint to pay the fines.

In my village we all know that drugs are being dealt down a dead end road that leads to the sewerage works. We see folk high on drugs speeding on a daily basis. Chavs in hot hatches going along a single carriageway road with passing places. The authorities are aware. Nothing is being done. There have been a few near misses involving dogs and people. One elderly lady was so frightened by her near miss that she wet herself. Seriously

Something will need to die first, hopefully not my dog, after being hit by these morons before anything will get done

Took the kids to a museum in Warrington on Saturday. Trying to find a parking space ended up doing a 3 point turn by a building in the city centre that from a distance looked like a workplace with a load of smokers outside. It wasn't until I was in the middle of the 3 point turn that we realised it was a group of about 20 crack heads buying from their dealer. Right there in the city centre on a Saturday afternoon in broad daylight not a care in the world. Went across to the park for lunch, had to check the grass for needles. Lovely.

I reckon anyone on a diet but with chocolate round their mouth should be bright it for immediate interrogation and arm removal. It's the only way these people will lean that the law is the law is the law.

Yeah right **** that ****. We're not living in china or Iran.

Make the irresponsible needle users pay if there are no local facilities for them. If no facilities then the cost goes to local govt. if no local govt costs assigned then publish and be damned.

Back
Top Bottom