What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EBAY: Earthshaker - WARNING !!

pinballmania

Site Supporter
Item number 161260094498

I was called in to service this machine about 4 years ago, during the set up of a Homes and Interiors exhibition. They wanted it working for the opening the next day. I was unable to help.

ALL the plastic ramps have collapsed and melted probably due to being exposed to strong sunlight. Unless you have a full set of ramps then this machine is for parts only.

In fairness there is a picture of the melted ramps, but its not obvious whats going on.

Marco seams to have the ramps in stock....I guess it all depends on how warped the plastics are and if you can bend back into 95% originial.

So on a similar theme, an Earthshaker appeared on eBay over the weekend. The pictures were poor, the description brief, and the price probably too much. But I took a punt on it as it was only 20mins from me and if it wasn't for me them I could always pass it on. Couldn't power it up at the sellers do just took it away. We'll, let's say its a bit rough and needs quite some work, but on the plus side boots up, displays 100%, CPU clean and no battery damage. Once I got it off factory settings went into attract mode and I was surprised to see the following.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_09_rymu8eze.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_09_5aqyrena.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_09_5ybe3e7e.jpg
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_09_9u9a5yty.jpg

Which makes it a sample game. Only 200 or so made apparently before mechanism was removed from production to save costs.

Might just keep it now.

Cheers Deano. Incidently, a quick way to tell a proto is by looking at the top of the institute building. The normal production run have a clear triangular clear plastic on the top. This is missing from the proto to allow the building to sink.

So on a similar theme, an Earthshaker appeared on eBay over the weekend. The pictures were poor, the description brief, and the price probably too much. But I took a punt on it as it was only 20mins from me and if it wasn't for me them I could always pass it on. Couldn't power it up at the sellers do just took it away. We'll, let's say its a bit rough and needs quite some work, but on the plus side boots up, displays 100%, CPU clean and no battery damage. Once I got it off factory settings went into attract mode and I was surprised to see the following.

Which makes it a sample game. Only 200 or so made apparently before mechanism was removed from production to save costs.

Might just keep it now.

I emailed the guy - he wanted £470 for it.....

Result.
I'm sure you will make a nice example of a classic machine there Andy.

Back
Top Bottom