What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay COLLECT+ service - anyone had issues

Pick Holder

Site Supporter
Hello all. Just bought a PC monitor from a seller I used before on ebay. As I am currently doing a lot of mobile work - I decided to use the collect+ service from a place down the road from me. I have used this place before.

I got a collection bar code and went to the store tuesday evening on my way back.

Was told that they do not have it! So I said - look at this email - this collection code.....

I then returned wednesday and was told the same again. So I have spoken to both employees of the business now and they said they do not accept LARGE parcels.

Last night thru a 'online assistant' I reported the issue.

The seller has responded with his tracking which of course says 'delivered'.

Again - I visited today.

No parcel.

Phoned ebay. A nice chap in Ireland was helpful and put me thru to the most patronising woman I have ever spoken to called 'Rebecca'

Rebecca or '*** head' as I prefer to call her now, keeps telling me 'It is in the store'

So basically as the seller has tracking details that proves he has sent the item and it was delivered..... I am left £100 in the red (well more as I have had to buy another monitor!) and without the equipment.

Anyone else had similar issues?

A buyer used this service , but I didn’t realise it wasn’t their address and didn’t mark the item as sent. Therefore (for some reason) when it turned up at the shop , they refused to accept it. Twice. Item was sent back to me, in meantime buyer asked when it would be sent so I uploaded tracking info, which now said it was waiting at shop for them! Contacted eBay and they said it was for me to sort out with buyer So basically it’s a crap system.

I have used it twice,first time was fine,second time a nightmare,no parcel despite,tracking saying it was delivered,I ended up 40 quid worse off,I think that like hermes it's hit or miss

Did you pay using Paypal?? Time to invoke their Wrath i would suggest.... As we know, they always side on the buyer....

Anyone else had similar issues?

Yes - raise an item not received case on eBay. The seller will fob you off within two days and you keep saying it’s not resolved. Document everything and do everything within the timescales. They only resolve stuff in writing. You will probably only get a result through eBay if you paid by PayPal.

My guess is that it’s been delivered to the wrong place.

Yes - raise an item not received case on eBay. The seller will fob you off within two days and you keep saying it’s not resolved. Document everything and do everything within the timescales. They only resolve stuff in writing. You will probably only get a result through eBay if you paid by PayPal.

My guess is that it’s been delivered to the wrong place.
Already done the case. But the seller can actually show a tracking number that is shown to be delivered to the collection point (but not collected by me).

You can still raise a chargeback on your credit ( not sure about debit) card if used through PayPal. Another option, if still available is item damaged or not as described route, ebay normaly generate you postage label for return and as long as the package you ‘return’ is delivered (!) eBay automatically refund you. ( all they rely upon is delivery not what’s delivered! As you have already discovered!!!)

You can still raise a chargeback on your credit ( not sure about debit) card if used through PayPal. Another option, if still available is item damaged or not as described route, ebay normaly generate you postage label for return and as long as the package you ‘return’ is delivered (!) eBay automatically refund you. ( all they rely upon is delivery not what’s delivered! As you have already discovered!!!)

Ebay don't automatically refund you. Once the item is received, as a seller you have two days to refund and you can also flag if something is wrong with the returned item. I don't know what happens after that if the seller says something is wrong, but I guess that it is looked into by someone in CS.

You’re definitely on safe ground. The pick up code hasn’t been scanned because the item isn’t there regardless of tracking.

I reckon this will be a refund.

You’re definitely on safe ground. The pick up code hasn’t been scanned because the item isn’t there regardless of tracking.

I reckon this will be a refund.
Hope so, its £100 at the end of the day. Plus I have had to pay out £150 for a replacement Amazon are due to deliver in the next 2 hours.

I actually feel sorry for the sender - he has done his bit and it looks like he has to pay me back and then claim which is a shower of you know what for him.

Well. I didn’t get a refund. Four different parcels delivered at this place. This one had a collection code.......
Tracking shows it as arriving at the collection point.
I have not collected and I scan to prove it.
2D5C69C5-AD89-4BD9-B856-D600B6AFD7EF.png

Back
Top Bottom