What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The eBay MB with starting bids of £5.5k drew a blank.

Masses of stock on the market right now and some choice titles from their relevant eras too. Stuff like Taxi, Whirly, AFMs, MBs a plenty. It could be a good time to pick up the game that you have been patiently waiting for.

I don't know about the cheaper stuff, but as far as the top end wpc titles are concerned; when I was a gilt trader many moons ago there was a term that feels relevant in this market - "catching a falling knife"

So this is a case of a stupid seller. Bob knows his way around a pinball machine very well. He's repaired many games at flipout and many games for members.

Neil.

Don't shoot the messenger. I am just quoting what she said, shall I get her to send me the invoice?

The eBay MB with starting bids of £5.5k drew a blank.

Masses of stock on the market right now and some choice titles from their relevant eras too. Stuff like Taxi, Whirly, AFMs, MBs a plenty. It could be a good time to pick up the game that you have been patiently waiting for.

I don't know about the cheaper stuff, but as far as the top end wpc titles are concerned; when I was a gilt trader many moons ago there was a term that feels relevant in this market - "catching a falling knife"
"Catching a falling knife" is apropos. Having said that surely anyone with a MB really ought to have been thinking hard about selling weeks if not months ago. To try and punt them on for top money now when even Joe Public is probably aware of the remake is going to be difficult.

Granted there is a market for original purists, but at the same time it seems to be the case that these remakes are very good from a quality and workmanship point of view, so it's tough to make a case for buying an original for anything more than purely the sake of it. You could also make a "Trigger's Broom" argument about super mint 90s era pins too.

I've just bought a restored TAF for a decent chunk of change so I'm fully expecting CGC to announce the remake of that shortly. My luck is pretty dire.

Will be interesting to see whether that gorgar gets a bid

Playfield has wear, backglass doesn't look great, probably got battery leakage on the boards.

But it did have a no expense spared service 13 years ago...... ;)

Yeah I can never understand why people bid to soon it’s got 3 days left I wait till there’s under a min left and snipe it. Bidding days to early is not how you bag a bargain

Yeah I can never understand why people bid to soon it’s got 3 days left I wait till there’s under a min left and snipe it. Bidding days to early is not how you bag a bargain
A counterpoint:

If you have a hard ceiling on how much you will pay, why bother playing last minute sniping games? Bid your max price and go off and do something more productive. It might not even get bid up to your max, you only pay the next highest "step" after the previous high bidder.

A counterpoint:

If you have a hard ceiling on how much you will pay, why bother playing last minute sniping games? Bid your max price and go off and do something more productive. It might not even get bid up to your max, you only pay the next highest "step" after the previous high bidder.

That’s the same as bidding days early

I don't get the sniping thing :hmm: Is the idea to give the impression there's no interest until the last few seconds of the auction and then in you pounce. There are (or used to be) apps that would place sniping bids automatically which are tough to bid against manually.

I don't get the sniping thing :hmm: Is the idea to give the impression there's no interest until the last few seconds of the auction and then in you pounce. There are (or used to be) apps that would place sniping bids automatically which are tough to bid against manually.

I've been outbid a few times with bidders sniping.
Its still governed by what ever limit they set.

I am about to get my Diner fully restored and would be interested in this for a couple of parts, but don't want to get into a bidding war with anyone. I am really after the apron. If anyone is after other parts and wants to bid jointly please drop me a pm

I’ve got hundreds of bargains from sniping in the last 10 seconds you can get in there before the next high bid activates if your quick enough

eBay really annoys me I see so many machine disappear befor the official listing end time, if I’m bidding I’ll do it in the final day. I’m not a sniper but I’ll bid afew hrs befor the end. Drives me nuts when machines “dissapear” after only a day or twos listing. If you want to sell it quick and for the price you want put it on gumtree.

eBay really annoys me I see so many machine disappear befor the official listing end time, if I’m bidding I’ll do it in the final day. I’m not a sniper but I’ll bid afew hrs befor the end. Drives me nuts when machines “dissapear” after only a day or twos listing. If you want to sell it quick and for the price you want put it on gumtree.

That’s because it’s been sold elsewhere, or a private bid was made. Both against ebay rules of course, but impossible to control really. Not ebays fault, dodgy sellers.....and yes, very annoying! ?

That’s because it’s been sold elsewhere, or a private bid was made. Both against ebay rules of course, but impossible to control really. Not ebays fault, dodgy sellers.....and yes, very annoying! ?

I dont know as much - ebay and paypal fees have got to be getting on for 15% now. If you sold a £3K machine on ebay, I bet you would not want to hand over £400+ in fees.

Many times I have listed machines on here and ebay at the same time (here they are always cheaper by a long way!) - and I know a few others do. That surely does not make us dodgy sellers.

eBay are rich enough! With all the other bits I sell they get £100 a month from me on average, every month for the last 15 years. Some months it used to be £250.

Another reason I prefer to sell on here or outside of ebay is if someone buys an item from you and pays via paypal. Up to SIX MONTHS they can return it and get a refund without quibble. I have had guitars returned to me dented and well used, and the reason for this was 'it was the wrong colour'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom