What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay Auctions 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a right mixture of stuff. Could be genuine and having a clear out.
But anything that has an email rings alarms.

Same listing was up for sale the other day different seller. Definitely a scam.

If it's on finance surely it can't be resold until fully paid off? As said before, sadly there's 15 people's deposits sat right there

If it's financed (I don't believe that) then how is it in his possession? If you buy goods on finance, don't you lose them when the finance co. reposess them? Should ebay be informed?

If it's on finance surely it can't be resold until fully paid off? As said before, sadly there's 15 people's deposits sat right there

Sad but true, i am guessing this will be used to finance the good ship lollypop.

stolen goods? buyer beware. I think ebay has been notified. I can't imagine anyway is going to rock up to ebay with that sort of cash and not check it over that its all legit.

you wonder what else was financed or had some bizarre story and then where the money went. just doesn't add up in my view.

Perhaps there is an outstanding balance owed to the finance company and if it sells on eBay, the chap would pay the balance to them?
Or if that is not the case, then if one could let the finance company know, they would take appropriate action.

There must be a company register like a credit report that shows the status and existing creditors or debtors a company has in the UK?

Failing that, How many UK companies finance 15k printers?

Sent from the comfort of my Sofa

Financing printers is pretty commonplace. On something that expensive and business critical you want year long next day maintenance contracts, replacement parts/toners delivered in advance etc.

EDIT: That includes reconditioned / demo units.

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/fullthrottle/index10.html

someone on inside reported it to the liquidator and they came back with that it had been financed and wasn't recoverable...

anyone still got any doubts on this ?

I think everything in this persons business was leased. Even if this printer was half price I can not see him paying out that much in full.

However this must of left the factory a long time before the business went into liquidation.

This is just my gut feeling.

Buyer might have felt like a wally after seeing the other, nicer one(s) go for £400 less??? Who knows....?

yeah , interesting one , I'm guessing that the buyer bailed as the 2 other Attack from Mars' ( dunno what the plural is for AFM ? ) that went for £4.2k and £4.15k on ebay recently looked nicer . It still baffles me why someone wanting to sell such a clearly high end machine would not put Higher res photos , plus a much more detailed description of the machine and its state,than what is currently written in this ebay advertisement . given current market conditions and the lack of a detailed description ,I would be surprised if it goes for more than £4k, given that the decals are really faded and the mechanical conditions aren't fully described ,it'll be interesting to see what it goes for ....

Last edited:
Given the fall in AFM prices, and so many A-Listers going unsold at the moment ..... it will be interesting to see what this STTNG ( representing a good quality wpc title) goes for

Given the fall in AFM prices, and so many A-Listers going unsold at the moment ..... it will be interesting to see what this STTNG ( representing a good quality wpc title) goes for

Is there a seperate thread discussing this? I’d like to try and understand what is going on with the market.

Funnily enough this is how the pinball market has always behaved.

AFM - couple of scam listings and then an ok one sells for £4.2 and suddenly, conclusion that AFM prices have fallen.

AFMR should fall, as should all NIB prices. And it has. But NIB are falling faster now - saturation and higher NIB prices.

I remember TAF being an £1800 game. Then one sells for £2200 and it's a £2200 game and so on.

Same with STTNG, a game that was a grand at best. A super mint HUO then sold for £2k and so everyone else priced their game at £2k and it was suddenly a 2k game.

Always found it interesting how one sale totally distorts the market.

And over the years, sellers want to 'get back what it owes me', plus a little extra and so prices just kept going up.

Strange hobby:hmm::D

Funnily enough this is how the pinball market has always behaved.

AFM - couple of scam listings and then an ok one sells for £4.2 and suddenly, conclusion that AFM prices have fallen.

AFMR should fall, as should all NIB prices. And it has. But NIB are falling faster now - saturation and higher NIB prices.

I remember TAF being an £1800 game. Then one sells for £2200 and it's a £2200 game and so on.

Same with STTNG, a game that was a grand at best. A super mint HUO then sold for £2k and so everyone else priced their game at £2k and it was suddenly a 2k game.

Always found it interesting how one sale totally distorts the market.

And over the years, sellers want to 'get back what it owes me', plus a little extra and so prices just kept going up.

Strange hobby:hmm::D
^^^^ +1 this

Spot on!

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom