What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ebay adding to selling fee's!

stevebm1

Registered
just got this email:

What’s changing?​

From 8 April 2024, this new regulatory operating fee will apply to all sales from listings on the following sites: UK, Austria, Belgium, France, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, and Switzerland.​

How the regulatory operating fee is calculated​

This fee is calculated as a fixed percentage rate (0.35%) of the total amount of the sale (which includes the item price, postage, taxes and any other applicable fees), and is subject to Value Added Tax (VAT), where applicable. This fee is in addition to any final value fees and selling-related fees you currently incur​

Etsy are doing it as well, although it looks like they have had it for a while but are increasing it.

Well - you have to put up with more idiots - but sell on Facebook Marketplace.

Ebay for most people I know is dead after the new laws.

So for me now - it will be here and Facebook when I sell anything of value.

Etsy are doing it as well, although it looks like they have had it for a while but are increasing it.
This process has been labelled "En****tification". PinballInfo won't let me post the wiki page for the concept, but just replace the stars in this link. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensh**tification

"Here is how platforms die: first, they are good to their users; then they abuse their users to make things better for their business customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back all the value for themselves. Then, they die. I call this en****tification, and it is a seemingly inevitable consequence arising from the combination of the ease of changing how a platform allocates value, combined with the nature of a "two sided market", where a platform sits between buyers and sellers, hold each hostage to the other, raking off an ever-larger share of the value that passes between them."

Cory Doctorow has an interesting blog about it if anyone is interested: blog link.

A mate runs his business on both Etsy and eBay and he said he dropped Etsy now due to the long wait he experiences for payment which is held a while.
He also said charges were equally bad but no guess it’s a necessary evil to reach the target market.

Back
Top Bottom