What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EATPM tripping breaker SORTED!

Colywobbles

Banned
Site Supporter
Alias
Billy Big B*llocks
Not long had this but from day one here it has tripped my breaker almost every time I switch it on so I’m guessing it may be the line filter?
Any other guesses to what it may be and best source for the filter if it does turn out to be the problem.

Thx Col

Think this is quite common with Sys 11. Upgrading the breaker may help

Sys11 needs to be on a "type c" or "type d" breaker (Preferably the former)... Reknown for tripping Type B's which are standard fit on Rings etc

It's normally caused by a bad bulb and/or bulb holder typically located in an impossible place to get at (without stripping a large proportion of the playfield) - think buried under ramps or a large array of plastics or hard to dismantle up-kicking assembly, that sort of thing. Many people sell the game rather than put up with the constant trips when switching on. I'd follow the playfield GI circuit from bulb to bulb to see if you can identify the culprit.

That said, you could swap the line filter to prove that it's not an intermittent fault on that (to put your mind at rest), they are interchangeable and it's always handy to have a spare. If the line filter goes you cannot switch on the game at all, rather than being able to occasionally.

Think this is quite common with Sys 11. Upgrading the breaker may help

Brand new high end consumer and breakers fitted to cope with solar and batteries. I doubt it will be that. I have 2 sys 11s and around 12 pins set up and only the EATPM causes the problem.

OK so the pin is plugged into a 15a dedicated circuit for the garage doors which is almost in touching distance of the consumer.
As advised I plugged it into an extension to the downstairs ring main which all my pins share and zero problems.
Thx guys an easy solution as it will eventually live in the office once I move a few pins on.

Back
Top Bottom