What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EATPM (Sys11b) Sound Board Compatibility

thejefu

Site Supporter
Alias
magicwizard
I'm completing a EATPM project and I have on hand a BG soundboard 11581-557. I'm receiving no sound whatsoever other than a crackle/slight hum upon powering on. No change from the volume pot. Tested volts on power and it came back okay. Reseated roms.

On reflection, the 11581-557 is clearly underpopulated versus a stock Elvira 11581-2011. I'm wondering if it's a question of compatability.

Anyone have any experience of compatibility between System 11 soundboards? I do also have access to a RG 11581-576 which appears to be fully populated like the 2011, although I've not had a chance yet to go over schematics.

Doesn’t answer my question does it. If someone here knows I’m using an incompatible piece of hardware it might save me trouble shooting something that was never going to work. The board was fully tested prior to use, I’m asking if it’s the wrong board.

From what I’ve been told on Reddit the board I’m using simply isn’t compatible as I require a fully populated board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
But it could answer your problem.

loads on the wiki About the sound cards, more chance of the 2011 working inplace of the 557 I would have thought, but not my area at all

But it could answer your problem.

loads on the wiki About the sound cards, more chance of the 2011 working inplace of the 557i would have thought, but not my area at all

Am I wrong for asking whether I’m using the wrong board? I’m not sure any amount of probing it with a DMM is going to tell me I’m going trying to make toast with a kettle.

2011 are unfortunately a little rare being only used in EATPM. I’m comparing schematics with the roller games and they look identical save for the 512k rom upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are answering your own question there, if they are only used in eatpm there is a reason. If it’s missing a 512k rom I’d say that’s probably for speech or music. Non starter I’d say..

maybe send a mail to Jamie (coinop king) a message on Facebook he probably has a -2011 sound board He would sell you

Last edited:
I have a spare 576 sound board. Not tested in other games but IIRC it was for a System 11C. Jay Walker maybe able to help here.

Ive been trying to get hold of a Williams 11581-557 sound board for my big guns if anyone knows of any available?

Is your sound board missing or broken? If broken, probably repairable?

Mine no longer plays the background music. I've gone as far into it as I can do i sent it for repair but the guy couldn't find any issues with it but he didn't have any pinball gear to test it with. He just tested it as if it was in an arcade machine as some games also got revisions off these boards. The sound board mine has its the wrong revision so I want the correct one, the 557 board.

have you replaced the two big capacitors. that sorted mine out
I haven't no. Which caps do you mean? And what was your fault?
Mine still has sound effects just no background music

the two largest ones bottom right if the board. mine also had no background music just sound effects. replaced those two caps and it sorted it out 👍

Oooohh nice one. That might be worth a shot. I would have thought the guy I sent it for repair to would have cheeked them but its worth a try. Cheers.

I don't think any components have been replaced on the board.

Excellent. Thought there wouldn't be that many Big Guns in the UK :)

Well the offer stands, happy to try your soundboard in my machine. Just let me know when you dig it out.

Cheers

Cris
Will do thanks Cris.

I will see when I can next get at the machine.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom