What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

East Anglian Pinball Show - Ely

rowansalger1973

Registered
With only 1 week to go until the 10th EAPSE I wanted to post a reminder about the event. Details can be found at www.eapse.simplesite.com

This is a charity event with all proceeds going to the British Heart Foundation. It'll be held at Bar62 in Ely, CAMBS and we are aiming for 12-15 tables predominantly from the dot matrix era. There will be tournaments on Saturday, 27th and Sunday, 28th June with WPPR points and trophies available for both. Entry is £10 per tournament. The UK Pinball Cup on Sunday is the premier event and is a knockout format with winner of best of 3 games proceeding. It'll be a great weekend so come along if you can!

Last edited:
The 2015 trophies have arrived for the East Anglian Pinball Show in Ely. Silver are for the top 3 places of the Bar62 Pinball Shootout on Saturday, 27th June. Gold are for the top 3 places of the UK Pinball Cup on Sunday, 28th June. Register your place in either event by emailing me at eapseatbar62@hotmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 16
There is only one trophy for the Pinball Cup and that is the Nigel Hill Memorial Cup, that is what people are playing for or have you binned that off too?

There is only one trophy for the Pinball Cup and that is the Nigel Hill Memorial Cup, that is what people are playing for or have you binned that off too?

... And if it has been, someone please let me know and Pinballinfo will be happy to sponsor the Nigel Hill Memorial at one of the UK shows.

Nigel was (in case people weren't aware) a great guy, and a great supporter of the hobby. You couldn't have wished to meet a nicer guy. He always supported the early days of the pinball shows, and there are a large number of the old UK pinball guys who remember him fondly....

Don't worry, that hasn't changed. The winner of the UK Pinball Cup will take possession of the Nigel Hill memorial cup for the next 12 months. These trophies are simply for the winners and place getters to retain permanently. The entire weekend is a charity event to raise funds for the British Heart Foundation in memory of Nigel. The cost of these trophies has been paid by me personally and will not be paid for from proceeds of the event.

Table lineup:
Corvette
Fish tales
Star Trek The Next Generation
Popeye
Judge Dredd
Independence Day
Hot Wheels
Jokers
8 Ball Deluxe
World Cup Soccer
Guns N' Roses

There will also be a couple of old school type arcade games to play. Come and join in the fun if you can!

Table lineup:
Corvette
Fish tales
Popeye
Judge Dredd
Independence Day
Hot Wheels
Jokers
8 Ball Deluxe
World Cup Soccer
Guns N' Roses

There will also be a couple of old school type arcade games to play. Come and join in the fun if you can!

Nice lineup - that is a beautiful Hot Wheels, assuming its the project I sold to Keith and he worked his magic on :)

Table lineup:
Corvette
Fish tales
Popeye
Judge Dredd
Independence Day
Hot Wheels
Jokers
8 Ball Deluxe
World Cup Soccer
Guns N' Roses

Hi. Sorry if it's a stupid question but will there be any set time over the weekend when a noobie might be able to come and play but not in the competitions? Cheers Andy

I will try to get along at some point over the weekend. What is the parking like round there? Couldn't see any obvious suggestions on google maps.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Rowan for putting on a great show, well done Jason Poyntz for winning :thumbs:

Congratulations to Jason Poyntz on winning the UK Pinball Cup! Congratulations also to Wayne Johns and Greg Mott for coming second and third place respectively. £670 was raised for the British Heart Foundation! Thank you to everyone that came and a big thank you to those who brought tables along!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg View attachment 18199

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom