What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earthquake Sound MQB-1 Mini Tactile Transducer Testing

Jib

Site Supporter
Alias
Fran
Hi, not really pinball related but I’ve seen a lot of people help with electronics and such so thought I’d try my luck!

I recently bought a used vpin (no! Wait! Don’t stop reading! I’m hoping to get first first real pin after I move in a month or so, please don’t outcast me) and have been making some upgrades and tidying up some parts.

There were 2 of what I now believe are Earthquake Sound MQB-1, disconnected inside. (See pic) The wires are just cut off. But it seems they are probably worth selling IF they work.

I don’t have an amp and my electrical skills are zero. Is there an easy way for an idiot to test them to see if they work?

Any help very much appreciated

Attachments

• 68F2A23F-D099-4BA4-87A2-F8268219B86F.jpeg
    68F2A23F-D099-4BA4-87A2-F8268219B86F.jpeg
    133.3 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for this, tried the battery this morning and they both definitely work, very small reaction though but I’m guessing that’s because it’s only 9 volts?

I know you’ve built quite a few vpins, I’m not going to put these in this build, but do you think these are worth saving for a future all bells and whistles 4K build (that I’ll be asking you about your interest in building in the future!) or are there better options for vpins now and these are better for someone wanting them for home theatre or racing sim?

thanks for your help

I do not use the sound-feedback at all. I prefer to use solenoids. That is just a personal thing.

Do not forget those transducers wont give out much sound unless screwed onto something.

These are not cheap to buy - do you have the brackets ? If so I would put them on ebay and ask £140 for the pair.

Reactions: Jib
No brackets as they were just screwed to the bottom of the cab, hopefully someone will still want them without.

Definitely going to have solenoids in the 4K cab but have been playing with the idea of having ssf also. I’ve been reading/ watching some other builds that use both but I haven’t decided if it’s a bit overkill to go both. The ssf then seems to just be used for ball rolling noises etc.
These I was just wondering if they would be good as a shaker motor type feedback. But probably an actual shaker motor would work better

Last edited:
Great to add to a racing seat on a driving game

Reactions: Jib
Yeah I’m surprised the guy who sold it to me didn’t take them out as he was selling to make room for a driving sim, he did take the amp out though

Back
Top Bottom