What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth cabling

geardownthreegreens

Registered
Hi Guys

I've just finished rebuilding the playfield on Judge Dredd but noticed the earth cable that runs down the right side of cabinet had been torn in half. Possibly with all the up down movement on the playfield, at some point it must have gotten caught.

Questions :eek: 1/ where can I buy some of this braid or anyone have any spare I can buy from them( not looking for charity :) ) ?

2/ would this now affect the continuous ball launch, vuk's popping several times on start up, flippers not working and judge dreads light mod stopped also lol :)

3/ is it possible to join this cable rather than replace all of it. Lap it each side by say 6 inches and staple it together?

I'm not technically minded unfortunately,so any replies, please keep idiot proof :D :D

Simon

Anyone fancy some cash work looking at this Judge. Has to be a simple fix for a like minded chap :). Machine was working (not 100%) before I stripped the playfield, now doing all silly little things. VUK's pop, ball trough kicks out 2 balls and fires them out continuously, no flippers, and the Andy Dreads light mod has also stopped working. This is what I know of :(

Si

Anyone fancy some cash work looking at this Judge. Has to be a simple fix for a like minded chap :). Machine was working (not 100%) before I stripped the playfield, now doing all silly little things. VUK's pop, ball trough kicks out 2 balls and fires them out continuously, no flippers, and the Andy Dreads light mod has also stopped working. This is what I know of :(

Si

You're missing power to the opto circuit. Unplug Andy Dreads light mod (no offence intended Andy! ) and check your Opto fuses first. Look in the manual to see what the opto board looks like (under the playfield) then find it and see if the red power indicator LED is on...

Have checked now guys and no red light on opto board under playfield,but manual doesn't tell me what fuses to replace :( , tho fuses do look ok, but I know that doesn't count for much.

On initial start up, the 2 VUKs kick for about 6times then stop and game is settled, so I'm thinking its also opto's

All connected to missing 12 v. Check the three four pin connectors bottom left of the large PCb. Each should have a black and grey/yellow wire. Check the wires have not pulled out of the connector.

Back
Top Bottom