What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

****e decals/stickers!

Cryptkeeper

Registered
Alias
RingSting
A few years back I ordered some decals from best of pinball for my TFTC.
Just a door and the drop targets.
They came and they were absolutely poxy.
Low rez and badly cut and expensive.
I sent them back to them

Today I received a STtNG backboard decal and stand up target decals from pinball center.eu
Again absolutely **** quality for the money.
They'll be going back/binned .
The targets were particularly bad.

so I suppose the question is where can I get good quality stuff done/print my own.
why cant I print long images on a normal printer ?(or the work one......)

Any ideas?

I've got bits from pinball center, they tend to be a bit hit and miss, particularly with mods. Some I've had no issues with (LED light up posts), others I've had problems like you with (LOTR sword ramp decal, decal too big for ramp and had to be trimmed with scissors, better palantir globe with no installation instructions and no obvious way to attach etc). I think they are probably okay for standard parts and just sell mods from other vendors.

Could you perhaps look at designing something yourself and then taking it to a printer who will print it for a (probably) reasonable fee?

dont - i nearly bought an industrial printer this week (A0 wide - Infinite long)!!! until i figured unless i was going into robbing Cab decals there was no point! (and then i'd have to buy a scanner too!):D

I think im going to look into it.
Have you seen muddymusics repo artwork over on J+?
I just fired him off a mail there.

The trap door decal I got for your ToM from best of pinball is also low rez.
at least its the right size.

Pinball center said I have to ship them back for a refund.
am i right in saying they should pay the shipping back?

Pinball center said I have to ship them back for a refund.
am i right in saying they should pay the shipping back?

Yeah, providing that you can argue that they are faulty/not as advertised....according to their own returns policy "You have to bear the regular costs of return shipment, if the product delivered corresponds to the product ordered. Otherwise, return shipment will be free of charge for you". This is from: http://www.pinball.center/en/withdrawal

According to them many clients buy them and are happy with the quality so they wont refund the postage.
All I can say is dont buy any decals from these.
I dont want to burn any bridges with them tho

Ollie aka muddymusic says he can get sideboard decals printed so will be looking into that with the help of jack burtan

I'm just talking about stickers .
They call them decals for some reason.
To me a decal is a waterside thing

Was it sent using a tracked service? If so, fire Paypal the tracking.

You could always open a new account with a different e-mail if they get shirty. Not that i would of course advocate it... ;)

I didnt get tracking on it.(I know,i know)
Yea I could just open a new account.
cant imagine they send much stuff to Ireland tho........:)

I got some DESW R2-D2 decals from MarcoSpec via a friend in the states since my original decal is pretty wrecked. The repro decal looks like crap - colours are all wrong and there are inkjet-printed speckled gradients everywhere for no good reason. There are literally only four flat colours on the original decals (black, grey and blue on white), how bloody hard can it be to do a decent reproduction?

Once I've sorted most of the other work on this (unending! :) ) restoration I'm tempted to look into sorting a proper repro myself, although I expect it's 10x harder than I'm imagining!

Well they said they'll refund me off my next order.
I was happy with that.
the postie just showed up with the stickers as a return,
marked insufficient address??
Even tho it has the exact address on it.
Dont know whether to tell them or not now.
Sleeping dogs and all that

Back
Top Bottom