What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

****e day at the office

A

Alan Syson 2

Went to look at the Shadow on ebay, phoned yesterday to sort it. Get there around 11, plugged it in & spent 15 mins checking switches etc. Finished & said to the guy "it's got another couple of days on ebay?"

"No. Someone made an offer last night. It's sold"

He also sold the SS to Brewdog, nowt to do with me. Tho' what they're gonna do when it goes tits up remains to be seen as he gets Phil over to sort his machines.

Get home, phone rings, Addams fooked in the station bar. Grab some tools, jump on bike, go & have a look.

Unfortunately the diagnostic buttons have never been brilliant & today only one was making contact. Unscrew the holding bracket so the buttons are dangling free & I'm in luck. One push in ten works. Transpires thing kickout solenoid not working, seems to be the coil. Coils never go wrong.

Jump back on bike to see if I've a spare at home. Whoopee. Got three.

Back on bike bit of rain. Bugger. Fit new coil, everything hunky dory.

Halfway home & big drops of rain. Next thing all hell lets loose, thunder & the heavens open. I'm wearing jeans.

Why do I bother?

Alan.

Alan,

Take the positives.
biggrin-1.png

Addams is back up and working
smile-1.png

Alan Syson 2' date=' post: 1698389 said:
Went to look at the Shadow on ebay, phoned yesterday to sort it. Get there around 11, plugged it in & spent 15 mins checking switches etc. Finished & said to the guy "it's got another couple of days on ebay?"

"No. Someone made an offer last night. It's sold"

He also sold the SS to Brewdog, nowt to do with me. Tho' what they're gonna do when it goes tits up remains to be seen as he gets Phil over to sort his machines.

Get home, phone rings, Addams fooked in the station bar. Grab some tools, jump on bike, go & have a look.

Unfortunately the diagnostic buttons have never been brilliant & today only one was making contact. Unscrew the holding bracket so the buttons are dangling free & I'm in luck. One push in ten works. Transpires thing kickout solenoid not working, seems to be the coil. Coils never go wrong.

Jump back on bike to see if I've a spare at home. Whoopee. Got three.

Back on bike bit of rain. Bugger. Fit new coil, everything hunky dory.

Halfway home & big drops of rain. Next thing all hell lets loose, thunder & the heavens open. I'm wearing jeans.

Why do I bother?

Alan.

Inhale, exhale.

:)

We were put here to be tested.

Alan. If your buttons don't work and you're too tight to replace them, just stuff a screwdriver up in the general area of the button you want, and short two wires on that switch together. New button assembly £10. Or new single buttons, £2 each

pinballmania' date=' post: 1698545 said:
Alan. If your buttons don't work and you're too tight to replace them, just stuff a screwdriver up in the general area of the button you want, and short two wires on that switch together. New button assembly £10. Or new single buttons, £2 each

Top tip Mr N seeing as they managed to get the volume up to 30 & had no way of turning it down!!!

Alan, Tighter than cramp springs to mind.

Get yourself a new set of buttons, go on treat the old girl she earns enough for you.

**** me!!! I've been censored.

Buttons sortedswamp2 035.jpg

No more swamp hang upsswamp 059.jpg

....& bashed chair bulbs historyswamp 061.jpg

Back
Top Bottom