What's new

Sold Driver board A-12697-3 and Standard DMD

strongs

Site Supporter
Raising funds to buy a colordmd.

Items can be posted or I will be at Pinfest on the Saturday to save on postage.

First up is this Bally / Williams A-12697-3 driver board. Nice condition no hacks or nasty repairs.
**SOLD**
2.jpg

3.jpg

Standard DMD which is to be replaced by said colordmd. No missing lines / dots.
£80
1.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome mate, I'll take it! I'll most definitely be at pinfest on Saturday. Failing that, we can figure out postage/payment. Cheers!

Ah I've been told this board (A-12697-3) WON'T work with Whitewater as it takes different fuses/amperage (?). The WH20 power driver board is 'A-12697-1'.

Is anyone else able to confirm/deny this?

Found this info:

WPC Driver Boards

A-12697-1 (5763-12405-00): the driver board used from Funhouse to the middle production of Twilight Zone. It has a flipper enable relay on the board. Can be used on all WPC games from Funhouse to WhoDunnit (the most versatile non-WPC95 driver board, can be used in any WPC-89 or WPC-S game). On Fliptronic games (Addams Family and later), the flipper relay is ignored by the game's software.

A-12697-3: Used starting mid-production of Twilight Zone. The flipper enable relay is not installed (since these games have Fliptronics boards, and no long need the relay). Can be used on Addams Family to WhoDunnit. Can *not* be used on Funhouse to Hurricane because of the lack of the flipper relay, which is needed in non-fliptronic games (games prior to Addams Family).

A-12697-4: One of the solenoid fuses changed rom 3amp to 5 amp, removed the "line level circuitry" (around U6). WPC Schematic Manual 16-9834.2 details these changes on page 1 of the power driver board schematics. The specific components are R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6, R195, R200, F201, W1, W2, LED2, and LED3. Can be used on Addams Family to WhoDunnit (interchangable with the -3 revision). Only used on a one game (just WhoDunnit so it seem

Back
Top Bottom