What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dracula - Optos setup question

highjon

Registered
I am looking after a mates BSD and it has a few niggles that I have been working through.
Never looked too closely before, at the left hand side, but I'm a bit puzzled with regards to the setup, at left hand pocket optos, at the left hand side of the mist multiball runner.
In front of the left pocket there is a wire gate, which , on this machine, stops the mist ball at the end of the run and the mist ball falls down to the left slingshot...is this correct?
If so, why are the left hand pocket optos in there, if the ball can't access the pocket? I understand the long range opto which shoots across the playfield, but with this gate in position nothing can enter there, so why are they there?
If the gate is hingeing the wrong way and the ball is meant to enter there, how would it get out?
I don't get it...
answers explained in idiotspeek please ;-)

The left hand mist hole has a gate on it that is pulled up by a coil and spring setup thats hidden by the plastic houses. When mist multiball is activated the gate should be pulled open so that the ball can go in or out depending on which way across the pf it's travelling. Does the gate open for the ball to go through?

never. hmmm. I looked for that but didn't see any mechanism. Will look at that again...
Looks as though my mate has been getting guaranteed mist multiball everytime..

Take the plastics houses off (just a couple of screws in the top) as that will give you much better visibility.

Haven't looked yet but was thinking, if the ball goes in there, how does it get out as I didn't see any kicker outer....

Mist multiball works both ways so the magnet will bring it out from either the left or right mist hole. The ball should stay in one of them unless your in the multiball.

wow, wait till I tell my mate this, he's only had it for about two years lol

Coincidentally I too am looking after a friends BSD at the moment. I Love the mist multiball magnet, seen some funny things happen. For instance I had the ball in play rotating around the ball traveling across the playfield, a bit like the magneto thing on xmen, I couldn't grab my phone quick enough to video it though. Also knocked the ball off the magnet a few times only to have the other ball stick on the magnet and exit playfield left, lol.

Looks like there is a bit missing. There is nothing connected to the gate mechanism, in fact there is no solenoid either! Trying to get the manual from ipdb but the link is down. Can see a disuse connector orange / grey with nothing connected..hmm

Is there a metal bracket and actuator? If not then it sounds like your missing the entire mech :eek:

Edit: Just like in the pic above :)

cheers, do you know if it is mounted above or below the playfield?

It's mounted above the pf on top of the left side plastic. If you take the plastics houses off then it should be staring you in the face :)

Here's what I see when I remove the houses above the left gate..

Attachments

• dracula lhs pocket gate.jpg
    dracula lhs pocket gate.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 12
Looks like your missing the whole mech. Can you take a pic a bit further away so I can see more of that area to be sure.

Looks like I need to have a rummage for a suitable replacement and bracket. Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom