What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted Dr Who

ben76

Registered
Hi all,
I was collecting some stuff from our sorting office the other day and the bloke said that I'm always in there what am I getting delivered? So I told him I collect arcade stuff. He said "I'd love a Dr. Who pinball" So I said I'd try to get him a price? Anyone got a good indication or know someone selling one as I can get his number and pass it onto him :)

TIA

- Ben :wave:

Well I sold mine about 18 months ago for £1k. Very tidy, no wear just a bit of cab fade down one side.

The thing about ebay is, well the problem that happens....
Ultimately, ebay items are more than often over priced to a point of being silly. Caused by a number well published reasons. If Gaz says he sold a good one for £1000 a 18 months ago then I think a good one from the group would be around £1200-£1400 now. There have been a lot of Dr Who's on ebay for over £1600 that did not shift.

Not knocking the seller of the one you linked to but " Any blown bulbs or worn rubbers / parts have been replaced" is done by people on here before breakfast and doesn't not describe a "Manufacturer refurbished".And where are the pictures? Our shop logs show more detailed pictures that those on ebay, it doesn't take long to record the good and bad before flinging it on ebay. So maybe I am knocking the seller as he has not put enough information into the ad for someone who knows what they are looking for.

Also not saying the Dr Who isn't a great table because it got me seriously back into Pinball and Greg Mott's one at SWL is on my own list. :)

Lol note I didn't say it was good I to think the price is to steep. I was just pointing out there's one on the bay. I don't even like the game I find it abit meh

Yep, Dr Who is an enjoyable game. It was my only pin when I had it so it got a bit repetitive. Definately enjoyed more as part of a collection. Great multiball too.

Lol note I didn't say it was good I to think the price is to steep.

Why not mention this in your first post then? The OP said he's looking for a price on a DW for a friend and neither of them know what a decent price is otherwise the OP wouldn't have posted in the first place. You've pointed them to a DW on EBay that is well over the price anyone should be paying for that game.

To the OP, do not buy the one on Ebay at that price....you shouldn't be paying that kind of money for a DW. I'd agree with Geoff and say a fair price is £1000 to £1200, maybe going up to £1400 for a minter thats had the moving Dalek topper fitted.

I'd agree with Geoff and say a fair price is £1000 to £1200, maybe going up to £1400 for a minter thats had the moving Dalek topper fitted.

I agree with Chris, who agrees with Geoff, and if you choose to disagree with me then thats ok as long as we all agree to disagree :bounce:

Seriously no need to pay big bucks, there are loads of Docs about. And don't get hung up on the cab fade 'issue' - its so common its hardly worth worrying about.

Other than eBay which is rare to find a machine at a good price of late. Apart from here where are other good places to get bargains?

Other than eBay which is rare to find a machine at a good price of late. Apart from here where are other good places to get bargains?

If anyone on here has a secret source for 'bargains' I suspect they won't reveal it 💷

Seriously 'Bargains' these days are a matter of extreme luck. Right place, right time. Act fast. Especially on Ebay. £200 'Buy It Now' Whitewaters don't pop up very often, and if they do you better damn hope the pinball gods are looking down and you are the first to have seen it ;)

Realistically there are so many buyers scouring the web that best bet is private deals off the grid. Word of mouth can work, let everybody you come into contact with know you are into pinball machines. Friends, relatives, workmates, strangers in the street.

Your first question when you meet *anybody* should be 'Do you have or know of any pinball machines for sale ?' , if they don't , politely make yr excuses and terminate the conversation.:smokin:

GrizZ

Lol kinda annoyed the bop bloke never contacted me. Might of been because I asked if it was in good condition because it looked grubby in the pic (u could barely see through the glass). Filth don't bother me if the price is right

Hi all,
I was collecting some stuff from our sorting office the other day and the bloke said that I'm always in there what am I getting delivered? So I told him I collect arcade stuff. He said "I'd love a Dr. Who pinball" So I said I'd try to get him a price? Anyone got a good indication or know someone selling one as I can get his number and pass it onto him :)

TIA

- Ben :wave:

Bloody hell, Ben! For a second there, I thought you'd caught the bug and were after your second table :)

Being active on the forums and meets is another way to find out about tables. I was interested in an IJ, I let people know, by the end of the week I had an offer of 3 but didn't have a realistic price in mind so missed out on all of them. You have to act fast when a machine you want comes up, so make sure you do your research first and then be prepared to wait. Also be prepared to realise that you might not have time to haggle, unless you have the person on the phone or you are in the same room, offer them what they are asking or they will have another 5 email or PM coming at exactly the same time so why would they accept yours.

Cheers guys I'll let him know to expect to pay between £1000 and £1400. Sure I'll have a 'Sorry you were out' card soon :)
Bloody hell, Ben! For a second there, I thought you'd caught the bug and were after your second table :)
If I had the room, I'd have 20 pins, 20 cabs, air hockey, grabbers, etc 👅

- Ben

Back
Top Bottom