What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Donut Heaven Getaway HS2 3D Model Print

Goodwinsplace

Site Supporter
Alias
Goodwin
A while ago I did a video on installing a Donut Heaven for my Getaway HS2 that I printed from Thingiverse. Not long after the owner of that model removed the design, not sure why but had a few comments on the video asking for the files which I no longer have.
So I've come up with my own version, this is a 2 part model compared to the old one that came in lots of parts to glue together. It's quite different to the original, I wanted it looking a little more worn down with some missing tiles etc, hopefully I can bring that out in the painting stage. Police in the window and a flatter design on the roof.

I'll do an updated video on this one once I've had it painted.

Attachments

• PXL_20230420_094112697.jpg
    PXL_20230420_094112697.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20230420_094143374.jpg
    PXL_20230420_094143374.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20230420_094235641.jpg
    PXL_20230420_094235641.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 20
Looks great! The doors windows and window behind the silhouettes looks quite thin - are you planning on backlighting them?

Looks great! The doors windows and window behind the silhouettes looks quite thin - are you planning on backlighting them?
Yeah the windows on the door are a bit too thin so will adjust them before I put the file out. The window is better and would hopefully look good with the silhouette. Would one of your boards work on this? Could be fun to light it when the ramp is down then blue police lights when all 3 balls locked.

Yeah either Lollypops with direct WPC sensors would work - certainly for the ramp trigger, and if there was a lamp (or switch) you could monitor for the 3 ball lock. Otherwise, Pinpoint would work great as well, and you could then use sound triggers. As always, lots of (confusing) options 😂

Feel free to hit me up if you'd like to discuss

Yeah either Lollypops with direct WPC sensors would work - certainly for the ramp trigger, and if there was a lamp (or switch) you could monitor for the 3 ball lock. Otherwise, Pinpoint would work great as well, and you could then use sound triggers. As always, lots of (confusing) options 😂

Feel free to hit me up if you'd like to discuss
Will message, I'm running TiltAudio in this so not sure if that makes things easier or harder on sound triggers.

From memory, TiltAudio can also output the sound hex - so that might be the easiest and cheapest option

Assuming you could receive it using an Arduino and do something with it of course

Could be fun to light it when the ramp is down then blue police lights when all 3 balls locked.
if there was a lamp (or switch) you could monitor for the 3 ball lock.

There are three switches for the ball locks; the uppermost, named 'Top Lock', was/is frequently mentioned as a Test Report. Whether operating briefly as a ball went past would be okay for this I'm not sure, but only all three balls at the lock clears a report.

There are three switches for the ball locks; the uppermost, named 'Top Lock', was/is frequently mentioned as a Test Report. Whether operating briefly as a ball went past would be okay for this I'm not sure, but only all three balls at the lock clears a report.
I know this switch well. It's the one that shows up on my credit dot error if I've played terrible the last few times running the game.

That's the one. Once the compensating software gets involved, it can make things worse by awarding Multiball from the random award, and bring up 'Mid Lock' as well.

Back
Top Bottom