What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
I have had a few requests with regards to re-enabling site donations. There's no real info about them here, so I thought I'd add a few lines.

Anyone is able to make a donation at any time, for any reason. The idea behind it is this.

If someone currently wants to donate, they get manually upgraded to "site supporter 2014" status if they aren't already so that others know they are an active supporter, and they have contributed to the running and upkeep of the site. I intend to keep this rolling until 1st July, when this will be updated to "Site Supporter 2014-2015" etc. The status of "site supporter 2014" will be changed to "Supported" on Jan 1st 2015 for those that haven't made a further donation.

ALL donations - Every Penny - go towards the running of the site. Hosting, Functionality, upgrades etc. Costs that this place has to pay out. And when you donate, you are adding to the Longevity of the site. You don't have to donate - This is your choice - However any donation is gratefully received, however big or small!

There is another way that you all help, without donations. This has been in place since the start, and is in fact included in the Terms and rules that you agreed to when you joined (we have to legally mention this - see http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/help/terms) .
This uses affiliate links - Primarily for eBay views and purchases. Every time you click on an e-bay link, a click is registered with Viglink. The more unique clicks, the more the money the forum gets. If you purchase any item in the same eBay session (doesn't have to be an item in the link!), the forum earns a small commission on the purchase. So with no extra effort, you are actively supporting the forum.
So - I would actively ask that any eBay purchases you make you click on one of the www.ebay.co.uk or www.ebay.com links <- or in fact one of those - before you head to ebay, and the forum will earn some small change without you actually doing anything!! It all adds up!

The only other thing I would ask - We don't charge for sales in the for sale forum, and to be honest I don't intend ever doing so. I would however ask that if you sell something on here instead of Ebay, a small donation would be gratefully received. However this is only encouraged, and not obligatory.

I try to add new and special things for Site supporters - rather unsuccessfully at the moment. There's no promises, however it's something that I intend to try to add to over the next few months.

Many thanks to all of you for the support of this place, both in donations and more importantly in my book, in the wealth of info and knowledge that is here. A personal thank you to everyone for their support of this place - you make it what it has become today - what I like to think of as the Best Pinball forum about!!

Cheers
Paul

This forum's been bloody brilliant for getting into the hobby/obsession, I've already learned lots and I look forward to more excellent advice as I work on my DESW! More than happy to chip in.

Thanks to all - As ever this place is a community - If you think the above could do with a change or have any suggestions then let me know!! :D

Hey Paul, I just donated but the total hasn't changed on the Donate page. Did I do it right? I got a receipt from PayPal.

Looks like the Donations page is broke. Let me get some sleep - I'll have a play tomorrow :) Apologies for that - I can manually add you anyway, so your names will still be in lights :)

Looks like the Donations page is broke. Let me get some sleep - I'll have a play tomorrow :) Apologies for that - I can manually add you anyway, so your names will still be in lights :)
Thanks, @Paul. I was more concerned that because nothing changed on the Donate page the money hasn't been received. I've got my PayPal receipt if anything has gone wrong.

Donations suspended for a while whilst I work out why the list isnt updating... :(

It WAS broken - Fixed now :D Donate button is on the top menu bar :)

Many thanks guys for supporting the forum :)

Thank you Andy - Much appreciated :)

It's all thanks to everyone here :)

All,

Just to advise donations are offline until i manage to sort out the stuff in the Original Post. If you see your status change then please dont be alarmed - I need to go through each account individually (i wish that I had used the built in "account upgrade" facility now!!)

uold all be done by the weekend :S

Cheers and Many thanks to all site supporters :)
Paul

Hmmm... best made plans - it may well end up as either "supporter" or "member" at the moment - and Supporter 'tag' will run for 12 months from the date of donation.

The only other problem is that any additional donations wouldnt be able to use the internal system (i.e. you cant donate twice)....

Hmm... Investigating other routes - internal is much easier and all automated - however not as user friendly!

Will see what i can do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom