What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Donations Temporarilly disabled

Paul

Staff member
Alias
Toibs
Hi all,

As some of you may be aware, we have an intermittant issue where the add-on seems to drop people from "Site Supporter" status back to being a registered member.... happens once or twice a month. i DO keep a close eye, and make sure someone hasnt donated again thinking they have run out of Donation, however it;s happened twice this week, and is becoming a big liability.

The App developer has been contacted several times, and apparently this is the only board that has these issues and is "unable to support".
Therefore this leaves me no option but to revert to the inbuilt system - which has its pros and cons - however is inherrantly stable.

The removal of the add-on and the conversion to the internal system however is fraught with potential pitfalls though... so there is a small risk that the subsctiption status will be lost - however i will be making backups to ensure that if it does i can restore people to their rightful status.

The downside is that it will take a considerable amount of "Focused" time to safely do this - i.e. it's a full weekend job, with copious amounts of Coffee and Coke...

Therefore i will Disable the donations ability with immediate effect, and will advise everyone when we are back up and running.

Many apologies to those this has affected, and apologies to those who wish to donate to become a site supporter - Please bear with me and give me some time and things will be back to normal again.

Many thanks
Paul

I just wanted to chip in and say thanks as well Paul, I don’t post often but am always about, looking for a bargain or catching up on a refurb thread.
Once you are back up and running I’ll make a donation to the coffee fund.
Cheers chum!

I’ll make a donation to the Coke fund. Meet me round back in few hours :D

Nope. I lied. Unintentionally.

So - I managed to get the inbuilt system to work fine - however there was one major issue... You could only donate the same value once. so for example - If you make a £10 donation as a site supporter, and 6 months later you wanted to make another £10 donation due to something you had sold - the system wont let you do that. The only way around it is to create multiple donation fields of the same value... which is
1. Messy
2. Confusing
3. Impractical

Also these are fixed amounts... so there is no option to be able to put in say a random amount. If people are being so generous as to donate their hard earnd cash to the site, I dont really want to be dictating things!

So - this is still doable, however is my last choice.

I do have another option in the pipeline, i am just waiting back to hear from the developer if their offering will do what i need it to do...
Still at the top of my priority list, still working on it. Apologies for the delays on this!

Cheers
Paul

Nope. I lied. Unintentionally.

So - I managed to get the inbuilt system to work fine - however there was one major issue... You could only donate the same value once. so for example - If you make a £10 donation as a site supporter, and 6 months later you wanted to make another £10 donation due to something you had sold - the system wont let you do that. The only way around it is to create multiple donation fields of the same value... which is
1. Messy
2. Confusing
3. Impractical

Also these are fixed amounts... so there is no option to be able to put in say a random amount. If people are being so generous as to donate their hard earnd cash to the site, I dont really want to be dictating things!

So - this is still doable, however is my last choice.

I do have another option in the pipeline, i am just waiting back to hear from the developer if their offering will do what i need it to do...
Still at the top of my priority list, still working on it. Apologies for the delays on this!

Cheers
Paul
Christ, it's Sunday evening man, you shouldn't be having to worry about IT :(

Christ, it's Sunday evening man, you shouldn't be having to worry about IT :(
🤣 I've been working on and off on it all weekend, and got it to the last point before i realised the issue...

So i have been working with the developer and i have uploaded a new version of the donation engine. Not sure if this will fix the issue, however It's stage one....

If anyone is aware of any issues please let me know asap.

I continue to find a suitable replacement for the current system, however there are limitations on whats available, and currently any alternative we would loose functionality on - something i would rather not do.

Many thanks for everyones patience (and @M4carp for jumping the gun and noticing it was back before i had chance to complete testing of it!!)

Back
Top Bottom