What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doctor Who L-1 and L-2 game roms – differences?

wotguvnotmeguv

Site Supporter
Alias
lutewhine
Mine has L-1, which everywhere that touches on it suggests is the one to go for.

However, nowhere I've seen has info on what's different between the two and specifics on why it's better. Can anyone shed any light?

For the sake of messaging @Paul on here and spending literally a few £ it is worth having the latest software in any game, no matter how old.

There are also prototype roms going around that really are only worth having if you have a factory fitted moving dalek head.

On Bally/Williams games of this era you will find that L1 vs L2 is just a couple of bug fixes.

Dr Who was my first pinball, and I think its fun. My wife loves it.

Such a simple, fun, loud, obnoxiously unreliable and difficult to service game. You've just gotta love it!

Cheers. There's multiple references to it online suggesting that L-2 is for some reason an inferior version. I think one site references a slight rule change which it sounds like players weren't happy with.

Is that definitely all there is to it?

Such a simple, fun, loud, obnoxiously unreliable and difficult to service game. You've just gotta love it!
Ha - the main thing that bugs me is the tardis popper on the right, always waiting for that ! :)

Oh - and those dalek optos !

Fun game.

By the way @wotguvnotmeguv - there are a few more little differences between the ROM versions.

If you do not like the L2 version you can always swap the chip back.

Only downside with changing eproms is you have to reprogram via the menu all your settings, and you will loose high scores.

Here ya go !!!!!!

Doctor Who

Game ROM Revision History

Provided by: Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Web: www.actionpinball.com
--------------------------------------------

Version L-2
Date: November 10, 1992
U6: Checksum: 4002

Changes from revision L-1:

Minor preset adjustment changes for France and Germany.

Autocycle burn-in now fires popper 20 times to prevent early
fatigue, and the mini-playfield will cycle only if coin door
is closed and the playfield glass switch is closed.

Version L-1
Date: October 16, 1992
U6: Checksum: 9601

Initial release to production

Back
Top Bottom