What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you sit or stand?

geardownthreegreens

Registered
5Years
Just wondering,

Who likes to stand whilst playing and who likes to sit, or both if been standing for a while :D

I prefer to stand but will end up on a stool later.

Si

I sit when I do a stool!!!

But when playing pinball, it's standing now for me. I used to enjoy a seat once in a while but believe it or not, after 4 years of home use pinball, I just started nudging about 2 weeks ago.!!!
I reckon it'll catch on to. Massively improves your game time:rofl:

I tend to stand on one leg when playing half the time I think it's a twitch when engrossed in a game:hmm:

Quentin Crisp plays pinball sitting down.
nothing wrong with that, i like Quentin.
that's all i'm saying.

Sitting for Night Moves :cool:

Standing for all other pins ;)

You simply can't play as well sitting down as you have less freedom to manipulate the machine by movement

This is very true luke. You can't beat standing for better control.
Now, if this question was put up on the US site, could be a different answer altogether. No one likes to play, eat a burger and drink beer standing....

Now, if this question was put up on the US site, could be a different answer altogether. No one likes to play, eat a burger and drink beer standing....

I think alot of them just wheel their mobility scooters right up to the pin and play from there.

Mall cops do similar, but they use a Segway instead of a mobility scooter. That takes some real skill

I am learning to dance whilst playing, not yet as good as some but with practice I might get better.

In the interests of Health & Safety please ensure a 2m safety zone around you when you do...! :thumbs:

My mate Ergun, the German equivalent of Martin A, likes dancing but came a cropper in the Dutch Open a couple of years ago... The machines were set up in a school Gym hall and it had a sprung floor so when he started dancing he tilted not only his machine but the ones either side of it as well...!!! :rofl:

In the interests of Health & Safety please ensure a 2m safety zone around you when you do...! :thumbs:

My mate Ergun, the German equivalent of Martin A, likes dancing but came a cropper in the Dutch Open a couple of years ago... The machines were set up in a school Gym hall and it had a sprung floor so when he started dancing he tilted not only his machine but the ones either side of it as well...!!! :rofl:

Hahaha, I gave up on the comp at the weekend as I tilted my first and second balls on Paragon with one move then got a house ball on the third, which Craig happily signed off for me :)

The problem with nudging is that if you don't know how to then you're going to get beaten on games where you can get away with stupid moves. (Like the Transformers that was at the EPC last year)

If the machine ain't rockin' then you're probably not going to hear the knocker. ;)

A self-tilting Pinball? That's quite a 'feature'. ;)

I can't play Pinball sat down. For some reason it dulls my reactions and I play even worse (if that were possible) than when i'm stood up.

the German equivalent of Martin A

that could mean many things, Peter, many different things!
do you mean that he is the #1 player for the last ten years?
or that he takes it personally when machines give him a tilt ..... or a drain

I once worked with a German guy who said his wife made him sit down to take a p1ss. He said it was common in Germany too.

Last edited:
that could mean many things, Peter, many different things!
do you mean that he is the #1 player for the last ten years?
or that he takes it personally when machines give him a tilt ..... or a drain

He's a big chap, same height and similar proportions to Martin. He's a good player as well since I first met him at the World Championships in Sweden! :cool:

I've only got the choice of squatting on a MIG welder or an air compressor at the moment when playing mine in the garage, I can stand up but there's only just enough room. :(

Back on topic.
I have a couple of bar stools in the games room and when just chilling out I often sit for a game. Had some pretty good games Sat down, but like what's been said you can't manipulate the table as much Sat down, so for the serious I must have points player then stand.

Back
Top Bottom