What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD row bodge resistor.

Sounduser

Registered
Will the pinball gods forgive me?

So I bought this with the bottom line of the dmd intermittent.

img_0766-jpg.20046

(Sellers photo) His log cabin is so much nicer than my garage.

i1283.photobucket.com_albums_a545_shootingpigeons_DSC_0103_zpsqnn1baml.jpg

i1283.photobucket.com_albums_a545_shootingpigeons_DSC_0104_zpssh6h3lk5.jpg

i1283.photobucket.com_albums_a545_shootingpigeons_DSC_0107_zpsslhj3b7u.jpg

Not sure how long the solder joint will hold....

If a dmd has a pin broken off at the glass I've always used a dab of electrically conductive paint on the glass to remake the contact.

It's very easy to use too much paint and short to the pin next to it (you then get two rows - or columns - showing the same thing!) but if this happens any excess can just be scraped off again.

This doesn't work for displays with surface mounted ribbon connectors, but with the more usual arrangement of pins (as with the display shown in this thread) this trick has always worked for me.

I think I got it from Maplin.....but it was about 10 years ago!

It was quite expensive, from memory the best part of a tenner for a pot so small it makes tins of Humbrol enamel look big (I thinks it's got silver in it which might explain the cost) but then so little is used each time that it lasts pretty much forever and it doesn't seem to dry up either - I used some only yesterday!

I'd be interested in if its still available though, and if so how much it is now!

can you solder to it when its set??
Dmd is still holding strong. probably wouldn't take being move or breathed on though :)

Back
Top Bottom