What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD faults

Kenny Taylor

Registered
Seems the DMD on my STTNG is faulty. Switched it on today and only the far right 5 verticals pixels were visible. Checked and reseated all the cables and fault still existed. Luckily I have a few spare due to colour DMD upgrades. Actually STTNG is next to upgrade. However looking at the faulty cherry DMD it looks ok. Whats the most common fault with them. The one I fitted came out of my SS which was made by Capcom surely that’s not std?

Thing is I now have only one good DMD left and I defo need that as my FT has a line out. Although I might in the not to distant future upgrade to colour DMD as the animation is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Colour dmd certainly the way to go. I had about a dozen dmd spare, now down to about 6 as I appear to be @pinsinthewild source :)

The one I got with WCS probably wants chucking, last 10% of the display was missing. I think most of them tend to “gas” (plasma ones anyway)

STNG is great in colour kenny.

Back
Top Bottom