What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMD Clock - what frames do you guys use?

Jason Catrine

Site Supporter
Hi,

So I bought the bits and made up one of the colour DMD clocks that some of you guys have got. I couldnt justify the £350 for the fully packaged ones Paul was selling (which translates as the wife said no when I said I was buying one) so I went for the cheaper option of just buying the minimum to keep the cost well under the £200 mark where the wife was happy. All the parts arrived today and I've wasted the past hour of my life staring at animated gifs. Next step is to get some sort of frame for it. I was wondering what you guys have done for frames for yours? I see the one on the French forums with the plastic panel at the front and rear and the long screws in between to sandwich everything in with the exposed inners but I'm not sure about getting that one. Anyone got any alternatives?

Thanks,
Jason.

I'm not expecting them to fit, unless the guys making the different clocks are following some kind of frame plan.

id say you could utilise the services of collywobblys, draw out what you need on card, then send it to him and he will give you a price (I would guess anyhow)
More than happy to sort just shout

Not sure if you want this kind of box but it’s been quite handy for me check out

https://makeabox.io/

just put the dimensions of what you need and it creates a simple box to start with then just add output holes for power etc

Massive thanks to @Colywobbles for creating me a frame for my dmd clock. It looks great and the mrs isn’t in a bad mood either as I kept the total spend under £150. I just need to add a bracket to the rear so i can put it on the wall and that will be it finished. Awesome job Col. Thank you. FEA39AED-B427-4E0A-A817-B7711FD1719F.jpeg

Massive thanks to @Colywobbles for creating me a frame for my dmd clock. It looks great and the mrs isn’t in a bad mood either as I kept the total spend under £150. I just need to add a bracket to the rear so i can put it on the wall and that will be it finished. Awesome job Col. Thank you. View attachment 122470
Can I possibly make some kind of bracket for you. FOC obviously

col

Can I possibly make some kind of bracket for you. FOC obviously

col
Thanks Col but I’ve realised it sits on one of the basic ikea shelves with the lip at the front so it won’t fall off. Plus i can also fit the power pack behind it out the way so i’m just gonna move that to the games room and use that.......1B8C5232-719C-4101-B83C-6DA154D3E1BA.jpeg

On reflection Onshould have put 2 drop holes in the likes you get on kitchen/office wall clocks
I’ll amend the design for mine when I get round to it

Back
Top Bottom