What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Stern POTC topper power question

Rgar71

Registered
I posted this on another site but not getting any responses. I just purchased a POTC talking skull I want to use in a topper. It runs on 3 AA batteries. Still determining the overall design. Thinking of a simple pirates scroll behind it but how do I power this so it turns on and off with the machine? For those curious I plan to disable the speaker so it doesn’t compete with the game sound but it has glowing red eyes and a moving jaw. Once complete I plan to share the final design.

Attachments

• IMG_0518.jpeg
    IMG_0518.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 14
for 10 grand they could have used/made a period correct door. Fairly sure they are available repro.

You can probably power from any of the 5V rails in the game.
Thank you. This is my first time modifying anything on a machine. I’ll try to search on the best was to tap into a 5v rail but if you or anyone can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

Backbox I/O power driver board J16 4-8 (red cables) carry 5V. Depending on what you do it may be smart to insert a fuse into your link.

Back
Top Bottom