What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Pool

DRD

Registered
I have had my Addams Family for 15 years. Got my second ever Dirty Pool today, a total freak ball bounce. I think this must be one of the least accessed features on any pinball.

For those who don't know, you get this by locking a ball in the vault when the bookcase is still closed. I knew this sound was in the game, but never knew how to get the game to say it!

I only discovered this while loading the swamp lock-up to check the switches after a repair - rather than wait for Thing to pick the ball out of the eject hole, I dropped it down the vault instead.

I think another seldom-seen/heard feature is 'Secret Of The Cow' on WhiteWater, which I've only seen while playing it with the glass off (i.e. cheating). Though it does have an auditing tally attached.

Last edited:
Barnyard Multiball and the video mode on MM is another rare one, mostly because nobody plays long enough to get 5 catapult launches and the video mode seems to be a very seldom got random award from Merlin's Magic. I've managed to get it once over all the time I've played the game.

I never even knew there was a thing called Dirty Pool in TAF but it makes sense there is programming should that ever happen.

I think you get the video mode on MM after completing FIRE by the inlane/outlane rollovers. You have to do it quite a bit though, like 8 times or more.

EDIT - Just double checked and that is indeed the case, complete FIRE 8 times (by default) then Merlins Magic is always enabled for video mode.

You can get Dirty pool on AFM also ( tribute to addams i believe)

Get in behind the centre target bank while its not down, or on its way up. Got it once at the Slam a few years ago but have never got it on my Addams

Is there a call out to go with it on AFM? I've only ever got the Dirty Pool comment on TAF a handful of times. Similar idea as "You cheat Dr Jones" on IJ but that's a pretty common occurrence in comparison

Isn't secret of the cow for getting Bigfoot Hotfoot completed and then also when getting mystery?

Barnyard Multiball and the video mode on MM is another rare one, mostly because nobody plays long enough to get 5 catapult launches and the video mode seems to be a very seldom got random award from Merlin's Magic. I've managed to get it once over all the time I've played the game.

I never even knew there was a thing called Dirty Pool in TAF but it makes sense there is programming should that ever happen.

Don't forget the 3 cows one for catapult on MM...!

Back
Top Bottom