What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Dirty Harry £1900

andy

Site Supporter
Well I wasn't going to sell this...as it is a great game...but realistically it won't be set up again for ages and to raise funds for new purchases here it is.

Bought almost exactly a year ago from this forum (original sale thread below) I had this set up for 10 months and loved it, but since Feb it's been in storage.

The game still looks exactly as it does in the original thread except for:
  • Playfield LEDs replaced with incandescents
  • I didn't buy the colour dmd so it's got a standard one, which works perfectly
  • The legs went on something else, so while it will come with legs they might be a bit tatty as I'll have to see what I've got
https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/dirty-harry.39415/

The game is in Bristol and Martin knows where I am. Please PM me with any interest / questions!

Andy

Why the chance from LED to incandescent? (Only asking as I've just spent a small fortune changing my two TO LED'S!!)

Why the chance from LED to incandescent? (Only asking as I've just spent a small fortune changing my two TO LED'S!!)
Personal preference maybe.
Exactly that. I prefer the look of incandescents, I’m aware I may well be in the minority but I prefer the smoother, less harsh look of ‘normal’ bulbs in games that were originally designed for them.

For the amount of time my games are on, the lower power draw and cooler running of LEDs is really neither here nor there, it’s just the look - and if you prefer LEDs then that’s great, all power to you! :D

I think LED are great for highlighting areas. Admittedly I changed my funhouse to 100% LED, and everything I hit 12:00 I think I'm going to have an epileptic fit. So possibly a combination of the two, when it comes to lighting.
Anyway, congrats on the sale.

I think LED are great for highlighting areas. Admittedly I changed my funhouse to 100% LED, and everything I hit 12:00 I think I'm going to have an epileptic fit. So possibly a combination of the two, when it comes to lighting.
Anyway, congrats on the sale.
That’s where the expensive but excellent LED OCD device comes in. Epilepsy solved.

Back
Top Bottom