What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diner - elevator ramp trouble

Mfresh

Site Supporter
10 Years
Alias
Paul
My Diner keeps generating an error on startup which says Malfunction, can't raise ramp. Can't lower ramp which is driving me nuts!

I have tested the elevator ramp switch, which works, and in a switch test it registers when the ramp is up or down. During gameplay when the ramp is meant to go up it raises but fails to lock in the raised postion and then drops down again several times before remaining down.
But testing the mech manually, pulling the raise solenoid in raises the ramp and locks it up, and the release solenoid releases it so it falls back down again.

Every so often the game starts without the error message, but the ramp still fails to stay up and immediately drops down.

I can't work out how the game knows there is a malfunction and produces the error message as soon as the game is turned on because it appears to know without moving the ramp up and down to test the switch or anything else.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom