What's new

Digs at the forum?

Just a statement of fact for all those that continually doubt it....

UK Pinball Monthly posts :

ukpinball_posts per month.jpg

Pinballinfo Monthly posts :

Pinballinfo_posts_momth.jpg

(note the usual Summer months "lul") :)

I'm not about to go over there any take issue with the comment that was made. I'm above that - and the figures are above to prove it. Simples!

Like many, I started on the yahoogroup forum many years ago. Back then it was "the norm" to do this sort of thing as a mailing list.

However, as others have said, Yahoo have made it into something utterly hideous that looks like a 3 year old has eaten a bunch of crayons, and then thrown up everywhere, it is such a terrible terrible user interface. And don't get me started on the random delay that you get between posting messages, so that the threads get into a ridiculous mess with people replying to you before your post appears and vice versa.

It's nothing about taking sides at all, its about moving on with technology, the forum experience provided here (where posts can be neatly organised by category for a start) is technically far superior and is about progressing with the times. It's not about slagging off the people or the place, it's all about moving on with a more sensible platform that offers better features.

And just because I probably haven't said it in a while, @Paul does an excellent job of running this place :thumbs:

@Paul does an excellent job of running this place :thumbs:[/QUOTE]

15 years of owning/running forums :D

Thanks tho luke :)

To keep this on an even keel, i too also once frequented the ukpinball group - was where i cut my teeth on pinball. Yahoo groups are good where you dont want to host anything. Forums are good for content rich stuff, however you have the costs and the hassles (but have full control).
There's SO many people that have migrated their group from yahoo to a REAL forum, it's scary :D

Chatted to a very tall guy at the party whose name I didnt get, said he started or setup the yahoo group all those years ago. Anyone know who that was? Sat next to @thewool at the roast.

Chatted to a very tall guy at the party whose name I didnt get, said he started or setup the yahoo group all those years ago. Anyone know who that was? Sat next to @thewool at the roast.
There was a guy alongside Martin that started the yahoo group. Name escapes me. However he started it, and Martin AFAIK assisted (almost like a moderator).

Just a statement of fact for all those that continually doubt it....

UK Pinball Monthly posts :

View attachment 19650

Pinballinfo Monthly posts :

View attachment 19651

(note the usual Summer months "lul") :)

I'm not about to go over there any take issue with the comment that was made. I'm above that - and the figures are above to prove it. Simples!

Indeed

Calling all Yahooers :wave:

1393602157_9a873916ef_b.jpg

ukvac and jamma+ have major fallouts and both forums still run,you just have to learn to ignore the politics and get on with restoring playing the games

RESTORING and PLAYING pinball games! I remember now... that's why we're all here :D Just nipping off for a few games on VECTOR after I managed to "find" it again underneath a load of junk.

Back
Top Bottom