What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialed In UK Launch with Jack Guarnieri - Tilt - Saturday 15th July

Tilt_Birmingham

Site Supporter
Alias
Kirk
static1_squarespace_com_static_56976186d82d5e77da2641bf_t_59562b1edf1867c8d232e12c9e5c4d6b13b1.jpg

So change of plans

Jack Guarnieri is now flying over for the event, he'll be on hand to chat with everyone and maybe play a couple of games!

We'll also have The Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit along side Dialed In - Each will have a High Score Comp on with some cool prizes on offer!

Kicking the event off at 12pm but Tilt will be open from 10am

Cheers

Kirk

static1_squarespace_com_static_56976186d82d5e77da2641bf_t_59562b1edf1867c8d232e12c9e5c4d6b13b1.jpg

So change of plans

Jack Guarnieri is now flying over for the event, he'll be on hand to chat with everyone and maybe play a couple of games!

We'll also have The Wizard of Oz and The Hobbit along side Dialed In - Each will have a High Score Comp on with some cool prizes on offer!

Kicking the event off at 12pm but Tilt will be open from 10am

Cheers

Kirk
Awesome!

Right, if I'm not there will someone please ask Jack to start working on the next game that everyone wants, "Hong Kong Fuey"

Had a kind offer to see it next week, so am curious. Also made the mistake of seeing Hobbit unseen, so not doing that again.

I don't quite get the celebrity of pinball company owners, but sounds like a great line up and a cracking day out.

I don't quite get the celebrity of pinball company owners, but sounds like a great line up and a cracking day out.

you are right not to get it ;)

i'm going though :)

Here you go Dan, seeing how everywhere in the Midlands seems to be the same for you I thought you could do with a handy map to see what life outside the M25 is like....

upload_2017-7-2_8-3-20.png

Sadly not going to be able to make it up. I've already got 3 pinball things in July so even I think a 4th would be pushing it a bit too far....

I'm really keen to play Dialed In but in Blackpool that weekend so will have to wait

Imagine Jack will be "slumming" it at the Hyatt LOL

The Britannia a few minutes walk from Tilt tends to do OK deals even at weekends

Now pinballs are being sold primarily as expensive toys rather than coin op equipment I thinks it great that prospective buyers can meet the company owners. Back in the day the management at Williams etc would have little interaction with us mere "punters"

Dan, your geography is aal owa the gaff!

Love the string-vest wearing horse punchers on that map :rofl:

While not meaning to infer anything, to me the words 'dialed in' have a negative connotation, as in half-hearted, or not really trying. e.g "(name of actor) may as well have stayed at home and dialed in their performance"

I'd like to join the meal but it depends how late it happens as I have to catch the last train back to London at quarter past ten.

You're going to like it. It is lots of fun with some great (and unusual) shots. It is silky smooth to play.

Bit disappointed there was nothing organised in the way of competition. I really thought someone was going to run a mini tournament. However I've never been to Tilt Brum before and it's a lovely venue with some great machines. It was a joy to play Dialed In and I'm happy to say it looks, feels and plays even better than I'd hoped. Looking forward to spending more time with it.

Interesting meeting Jack G although I didnt really click with him which is a shame. Would've liked to have a good chat with him about his vision of pinball manufacture in the next couple of decades.

Nice to see some new faces along with a the familiar. Happy to play a couple of good games and pick up a Dialed In tshirt in my size.

Looking forward to returning to Brum for a tournament soon. Well worth the long journey.

Back
Top Bottom