What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dialed In Speakers

M4carp

Site Supporter
Alias
Lostcause
Does anyone know if the amp can go down to 4 ohms for the cab sub, has an 8 ohm in there.
To me the sub is a bit lacking and could do with a bit of a boost, is there anyway of turning up the cab speaker independently from settings or on a board?
Music needs a bit more punch to it.

I think if you give it more punch you’ll only start to have it grate on you quicker :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think if you give it more punch you’ll only start to have it grate on you quicker :)
Ha ha yeah you could be right but at least I will be able to move onto something else that bugs me, im a sucker for a bit of b-line😎
Should be better than it is though with the 2.1 amp. Backbox sounds pretty decent though.

Those class D amps are okay at 4 ohms.

Just do not buy the 'twin coil' ones. I use the QTX kevlar drivers. Cheap and sound great.
Thanks I was hoping that, I’ve just put a cheap Monacor 8” in my Avatar and is much better. I have another to go in lotr so will put it in this one first to see what it is like.
Seen those Kevlar ones but was worried at 250w rms and low sensitivity it would not be ideal so that’s good to know as they look really good value👍

I don't think its a very bass heavy soundtrack.
I think it could be much better, the beat is there but just not coming out much. One way to find out, got a couple of subs to try here now 4 ohms is ok which will also draw more watts😄

Just added the 4 ohm Monacor 8” (£20) and sounds about right now, bit of thump and the bass line on emoji mode sounds much better.
Not glass shaking but an improvement that was needed for me anyway.
Will have to buy another one now for lotr☺️

Attachments

• 68A541BC-7570-468E-8D00-99B45DE0F8B7.jpeg
    68A541BC-7570-468E-8D00-99B45DE0F8B7.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom