What's new

Desiccant dehumidifier what one?

FinalFight

Site Supporter
I have been using a meaco abc compressor one my mum bought me a while back but i knew i needed a desiccant.. anyway its freezing up with the cold weather 😩 (i really need one at the moment as we had trees removed that used to protect the back wall and it needs rendering soon as weather picks up)
Hitting 94% humidity 😬
Anything you can recommend?

Had a DD8l junior, when it finally developed a fault after many years of service I replaced with an Inventor as they were silly cheap at the time and have a little EcoAir simple for the house.

The Meaco was probably my favourite of the three, simple clear buttons and has a drain hose too, it also seemed to have the highest airflow rate so worked really well in a big unheated space, I would say it removed a little bit more moisture than the others too, despite all being rated about the same.
About the only downside to the Meaco is the fixed air direction (straight up), not a problem in a game room but if you ever want to direct the air to dry washing or something that might be worth bearing in mind.

Last edited:
The DD8L Junior is great. The Zambezi is quite a bit more expensive and has a lot more controls, but they do exactly the same job. I have both and the Junior is fine for a room. Whereas the Zambezi is more suitable if you want cover a ground floor

Back
Top Bottom