What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Desiccant dehumidifier what one?

FinalFight

Site Supporter
I have been using a meaco abc compressor one my mum bought me a while back but i knew i needed a desiccant.. anyway its freezing up with the cold weather 😩 (i really need one at the moment as we had trees removed that used to protect the back wall and it needs rendering soon as weather picks up)
Hitting 94% humidity 😬
Anything you can recommend?

Had a DD8l junior, when it finally developed a fault after many years of service I replaced with an Inventor as they were silly cheap at the time and have a little EcoAir simple for the house.

The Meaco was probably my favourite of the three, simple clear buttons and has a drain hose too, it also seemed to have the highest airflow rate so worked really well in a big unheated space, I would say it removed a little bit more moisture than the others too, despite all being rated about the same.
About the only downside to the Meaco is the fixed air direction (straight up), not a problem in a game room but if you ever want to direct the air to dry washing or something that might be worth bearing in mind.

Last edited:
The DD8L Junior is great. The Zambezi is quite a bit more expensive and has a lot more controls, but they do exactly the same job. I have both and the Junior is fine for a room. Whereas the Zambezi is more suitable if you want cover a ground floor

Back
Top Bottom