What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Demolished Man!! - A painful and very slow shop log!

Great to see this shop up and running again:thumbs: My orbital sander bust mid cab restore over the Summer - what are you using newdos?
I just use a cheap Ferm orbital sander - lasted 2 cabs then the bearings went. Since then though I replaced the bearing with a good NSK bearing and its been brill.

View attachment 70415

105mm Kev. Keep up the good work buddy, as a proud owner of one of your refurbs im keen to see this one brought back from the depths...(of the swamp it was clearly fished or of!) ?
Cheers Jon thats perfect bud. Not much will happen for a while now as I'm off to Barbados on wednesday until end of the month, but believe me once I am back the work will begin to fly on this!!

Last edited:
A little more progress on the cab today. Now it is mostly filled and had first sanding, decided to fit the handles and rout the inside for the fixing plates - took me 3 hours with a dremel - but not looking to bad!!

IMG_4321[1].JPG

half a day just to get the hinges in the right place on the hermit TZ cab so it folds down without hitting the bloody handles !!!!

IMG_4347.JPG

The 2nd pic shows how much the hole for the hinge plate had to be adjusted by for the speical DM hinges - not a lot - waht a F!"£ on !!!!

Still at least cab is about ready to decal now - lot of work gone into this bloody TZ cab I tell ya !!!!

IMG_4349.JPG

Cheers

kev

Probably have been easier to just move the handles back a bit :hmm:
I did think that myself, but because the hinges are different if you use the same hole for the hinge the back box does not align with the back of the main cab so the latch won't work properly - the head is about 1/2" forward

So little choice other than to do it the right (hard) way!!

cheers

kev

Nowhere to hide on that fix as the new hole goes through the old hole plug. Good job on getting the plug snug all the way through.

Put a few bits in the cab today - first job was new earth braiding all around it - what a pain to do !!!
Put the mains switch in and power inlet and grille on the back. Was going to put transfromer back in but hit a snag. I was kindly given a set of similar(?metric) bolts and T-nuts off someone on here(sorry can't remember who) but I can't use them as the T-nuts are on a piece of ply set inside the bottom of the cab so I have to stick with the old T-nuts that are in this hermit TZ cab, so the question is does anyone know what size and thread these are etc please so I can get hold of a set.

Cheers

kev

IMG_4352[1].JPG

Another option is to make a new ply base board for the transformer with the new t-nuts and screw it ontop of the original base board.

It will lift the transformer up 10 to 15mm but there should be loads of space.

And the playfield is in !!! finally getting close to completion now. Few issues as normal to sort out switches etc and then good go to go !!

Just need to print a load of shop labels to get back to close as original as possible to finish off, and stick a couple of apron cards in.

Cheers

kev

IMG_4380[1].JPG

Was hoping to see this at a show to see how much work you've done to get it to this condition.

How about an open invitation to come visit it at my place, it's in good company with my Judge Dredd, video jukebox, fruit machine and cocktail video machine

Loved this thread. It was a sh*t tip and look what Kev has done to it. He's put his heart and soul into it. Not many would have taken this on. Plus the community has come together and helped him out when he reached out. Would love to have seen this at a show too before it was set free on the pinball meadows.

Back
Top Bottom