What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deeproot Pinball

Could be very interesting if some quick thinking person in the states sets up a pipeline from them to the UK.
If you use one of the importing guys over on ukvac (300quid delivered to UK from us) and chance your luck with vat and if Brexit goes our way. Then you could end up getting a new pin for 4grand ish.
Might be worth taking a risk with no warranty.

Shipping for £300 is very unlikely to happen as I doubt deeproot would mark there product down to £30 and risk it going missing or getting damaged also a very embarrassing scenario if it gets rumbled by customs

Shipping for £300 is very unlikely to happen as I doubt deeproot would mark there product down to £30 and risk it going missing or getting damaged also a very embarrassing scenario if it gets rumbled by customs

The UKVAC shipping option works out to be closer to 1k for a NIB pin in the end . When I looked into it for TNA it was £395 including the shipping and VAT on items up to the value of approx $1500 if I remember correctly - then you have to pay an extra 20% of the difference between that and the value of the item.

Could be very interesting if some quick thinking person in the states sets up a pipeline from them to the UK.
If you use one of the importing guys over on ukvac (300quid delivered to UK from us) and chance your luck with vat and if Brexit goes our way. Then you could end up getting a new pin for 4grand ish.
Might be worth taking a risk with no warranty.
The UKVAC shipping option works out to be closer to 1k for a NIB pin in the end . When I looked into it for TNA it was £395 including the shipping and VAT on items up to the value of approx $1500 if I remember correctly - then you have to pay an extra 20% of the difference between that and the value of the item.
Cheep but if the item got damaged or you never got here then would you get the full value of the pin back

So what you are saying @JustLikeMe is to take it out the box and say it is worth 1400quid ?
I wasn't sure if they would charge more since it is slightly wider than a standard arcade.

Probably not @chris b. Will it be a risk that people will take to save a few quid? Who knows.

I doubt most people would take the risk on a new pin with a value of 5k but I am sure people will
But I doubt if you bought direct from deeproot they would mark it down and do a vat avoidance scam but you could do it through a third party
When my friend tried to buy a pin from spooky before ph was the distributor they had zero interest in getting involved with the shipping
In my view if deeproot want to export on a large scale then they have no option but to appoint a distributor it would not be cost affective shipping one or two Pinball’s to the uk you have to fill a container

Deeproot will either be legends forever or the laughing stock that will never been forgotten! Glad I’ll be in Texas to find out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cheep but if the item got damaged or you never got here then would you get the full value of the pin back

From memory again but I think it was insured - either way I fortunately never had to find out thanks to the generosity of @philpalmer who kindly arranged for mine to be shipped over with his. I'd much much rather buy NIB from Phil regardless, have done several times in the past and sure I will again - organising it yourself just isn't worth the hassle.

From what I've read on Pinside deeproot are planning on engaging with distributors for sales but want to handle support totally in house so who knows how things are going to shake out - as Neil points out we have no idea what the product is going to be like so perhaps worth worrying about at a later point if they manage to put out anything decent.

From memory again but I think it was insured - either way I fortunately never had to find out thanks to the generosity of @philpalmer who kindly arranged for mine to be shipped over with his. I'd much much rather buy NIB from Phil regardless, have done several times in the past and sure I will again - organising it yourself just isn't worth the hassle.

From what I've read on Pinside deeproot are planning on engaging with distributors for sales but want to handle support totally in house so who knows how things are going to shake out - as Neil points out we have no idea what the product is going to be like so perhaps worth worrying about at a later point if they manage to put out anything decent.

That’s a distributors dream sell the pin and not have to offer support bargain

Deeproot will either be legends forever or the laughing stock that will never been forgotten! Glad I’ll be in Texas to find out :)

So asshats that will never be forgotten - after all the bluster about pinball being easy blah blah blah - they've put back their big launch! I’m hoping they have custard with their humble pie!

Last edited by a moderator:
So asshats that will never be forgotten - after all the bluster abkut pinball being easy blah blah blah - theyve out back their big launch! I’m hoping they have custard with their hunble pie!

What’s happened now then? No launch at Texas?

Nope they’ve delayed it without a new date - and apparently have reneged on various commitments to settle zidware issues. Its costing $750K a month to run deeproot!!!

Just had a read on twip. Interesting.

Copied this:
————
TWIP: In your Goodwill Terms, you had a deadline of June 30th, 2019 for Zidware customers to get their deeproot games. Will deeproot meet that deadline?
RM:
Our legal commitments to the small percentage of Zidware customers that both filed and perfected a claim will remain unchanged.
————

June 2019 is getting awfully close isn’t it. Suggests some may get games before launch to fulfill on the agreements. I still wish them well. I bet the meeting on the 3rd was a fun one!

I just watched the video from Expo...

It reminded me of picking football teams during break time at school - that line-up is the team no one wanted...

Every pinball needs a family and every family needs a pinball... just not quite yet.

The main thing for me is they haven't taken anyone's money so no real harm done by delaying.

If Mueller's grandstanding about his ability to raise capital is anything to go by, they've certainly taken investors' cash and / or loans. $750,000+ per month is coming from somewhere.

Last edited:
Well Steve Bowden I have huge respect for and he moved across the US to work for these guys - I sincerely hope it turns out well but have to wonder if it will; the deals they have reneged on are the suppliers of zidware rather than the customers, cointaker one of many who were out of money big time and promised to be sorted but hasn't happened...

Lol is there a lump of concrete on the back to stop it tipping over. The weight distribution looks really weird 🙄

Looks impressive, and investing serious cash to get internal patents

Nothing like Heighways cabinet... Heighways was poorly made and meant to be interchangeable!

This patent is looking at the mechanisms for mounting of the glass, backbox and playfield

Looks like a standard cabinet but trying to improve functionality

half of all patents posted are to trick your competition, not that big a deal, and only valuable after tested!

half of all patents posted are to trick your competition, not that big a deal, and only valuable after tested!

Or after a competitor "borrows" it for a while, racks up serious revenues and then there's a legal discussion.

Patents are all well and good, but working in a manufacturing business, it's the nuts and bolts end where you live and die with patents like this, so far, there's been no execution, we are all waiting on that.

Back
Top Bottom