What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deeproot Pinball – What’s It All About?

Yeah, bit of a fast ball....with no build up to event. Strange strategy, maybe they’re a bit worried......
Hopefully pin will be fully functional and offer something new to the scene.

Okay - PLACE YOUR BETS
ROLL UP - ROLL UP.

5-1 - The venue owner will have lost his keys so the doors wont be open
4-1 - Someone spills coffee onto the touchscreen panel and renders it useless
3-1 - Windows xp will not boot
2-1 - Broadband fault at the coffee shop, so none of it goes out anyway.
Evens - The police turn up and have to disperse the crowd of 2,000 people (1,999 of them after Jpop for deposit money from Magic Girl).

Saying all of this - I do not think I would even offer these odds.

But I would so love a Magic Girl. I really wish that the 5% part of me that says they will not fail is right.

TBH I liked the look of the cab with its so called fishbowl translite and speaker bar and I also the thought the screen above the lockbar could be used in some cool ways.
Its the fact you have to actually pay them direct would take bigger sweet breads than mine and I think this will be there downfall as they need to prove themselves to actually make them never mind fulfil orders!
I think they will have to go somewhat to gain anyones trust but im sure some will.
Tonite may be a turning point and I wish them best of luck as they will need it.

I would buy one of the games if Magic Girl or another theme I loved.

All of this just seems to remind me of Heighway pinball, Wayne with Crocodile hunter and MMrm....

At the moment it feels like I have arranged to meet Deeproot pinball for a date, with promised sex at the end of it - and they have texted me at the last minute putting it off when I was on the train to meet them :)

Sorry - that is not the story of my life... honest... oh hang on....

I would buy one of the games if Magic Girl or another theme I loved.

All of this just seems to remind me of Heighway pinball, Wayne with Crocodile hunter and MMrm....

At the moment it feels like I have arranged to meet Deeproot pinball for a date, with promised sex at the end of it - and they have texted me at the last minute putting it off when I was on the train to meet them :)

Sorry - that is not the story of my life... honest... oh hang on....
Lolol I though zidware customers where only offered a machine....

I managed 20 mins of the stream and although what I saw looked brutal it seemed to play well enough but I’ll reserve judgement till I’ve watched it all today.

edit.
Well spent more time watching over breakfast but it just didn’t do it for me over an hour in I still didnt see anyone get a multiball apart from some kinda 2 ball mode.
Gabes favourite game is the hobbit and he loves his multiballs this looked more painful than BM66 in that department which he gave up playing altogether due to the difficulty of getting one. Hey maybe it’s a tough game some prefer but not in this household.

The Rampgate seemed kinda justified as it was very rarely made during the stream however it admittedly looked cool when it was made.
overall layout seemed clunky and cluttered but I guess it takes time to dial into any pin so a good player might make it look a whole lotta fun whereas these guys were as bad as me so a perfect example of what I’d expect a game to go like.

I couldn’t see anything innovative apart from the pinbar which I actually liked but it did slow gameplay a lot TBH so a kind double edge sword unless implemented well.

Music got a little repetitive but general sounds were ok when hitting targets, spinners and ramps (if you could make one)

Finally and a little worrying for me was the fact it seem to lock up a few times doing a ball search and the player rattling the cab trying to restart play this seemed to happen again near the end when I was wondering it they we’re gonna end stream just to Reboot the pin.

a miss for me on too many departments and for that reason I’m out! Not that I was ever in unless I saw something in the realms of GnR which I never expected too TBH

Last edited:
I love Jpop as a designer. But I dislike the zombie theme.
Would like to see underneath the game and a proper walk round.
No direct feed from hdmi. No direct sound feed. It’s the worst live stream ever!!!!!
Also why do streamers never film a players eyes view. No use looking directly down all the time. The player doesn’t see that. Or anyone for that matter.

The stream was relatively poor but from what I seen of the pin gameplay I thought it looked pretty good.
Does the higher model version with the lighted side decals have reactive paint?
Art is vibrant for sure...
Is that a topper? If so.... did they steal the bulbs from the ceiling? 😂95A3B0F8-262E-4F31-9690-B50055D4EEDC.jpeg

I wanted to see potential but its a bit fat ****show fail from me:

Plastic Ramps are just ****ing terrible, can you imagine how nice this would be with rails...
pinstadiums are totally ****e and saturate the playfield
light show - the random setting on my £4.50 xmas lights is better
rules/code - didn't see any!!!

shots were bricky and floaty but not sure if that was the streamers. couldn't hear the music/sound properly (partly because the streamers didn't stop yacking).

sorry but they've failed.

I don't give two hoots about the cabinet - I don't play the cabinet and the side art might as well not be there.

1/10 for me.

now lets have fun whilst they try and get a production line up and running and see what they do with pre-orders.

Neil.

Shame about all the constant negativity!

You'd all jump on the bandwagon if they proved themselves 😂

I think its justified. They said they would do something revolutionary and on every single aspect - they've failed to deliver. Two years late (8 from RAZA's original date).

Back
Top Bottom