What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deeproot Pinball – What’s It All About?

There's a fairly positive post about the whole thing on Cary Hardy's YouTube channel.

Ok, a few things spring to mind:

1. You have some big names working behind the scenes on this pin. Why do you need a bunch of media guys who are not involved with it to advise you it's not ready? Then you take said advice at your own launch and pull it?
2. Why would Deeproot team not have the smarts to know their platform wasn't ready and let the visitors run the show?
3. You have a box of cool things but they don't work? Kinda like a rocket imploding on the launch pad at lift off.......
4. How much time do they need, sometimes time isn't the problem, its the skills or lack of in the house.

Imagine Aston Martin or Ducati launching their new machine and the paparazzi telling them to pull it, its not ready........ there's an oil leak on the floor :)
IMHO

Surely to god, when you are building a complex machine, you build a version of it, and put it under sort of soak test, see what breaks, improve, wash, rinse, repeat, until it gets to some level of relaibility. Then bring in some beta testers, without all the hype, and test test test for a few Hundred or, thousand hours. Then stick it out to a some sort of pre launch crowd, get it out there get all the feedback from the demographic that you have identified as the target audience. Which i cannot understand who these are, operators are gonna hate the online function i assume, the bloody cleaning of those slats on the head for a start. Lots of comments on the cab, nothing on gameplay, not a thing. It is the strangest non launch of any product i have ever seen, they have a complete mountain to climb, its going to have to be something Extraordinary, and in the meantime the world moves on. Would it have been better to have some sort of really strong licence to go with when doing something like this, what is the secret sauce that other manufacturers have? This is two days of my life i will never get back, and will get the popcorn now and Watch from the sidelines.

what is the secret sauce that other manufacturers have?
Well, I'm sure the other companies are run by level headed business men who don't have delusions of grandeur. Who in the right mind would put their team under such enormous pressure? What was Robert Mueller thinking when he dropped those lines at the Expo about being bigger and better than Stern etc...... that showed a real lack of foresight and experience.
Cardinal rule, never show your hand...actions speak louder than words.

Yeah the problem is that you have to reign creatives in if you ever want to ship an end product. Left to their own devices they'll just keep thinking up new ideas and prototyping until the money runs out. Each new feature moving away from the original vision and remaining in prototype stage while the next idea pops up and takes shape, completely independent and at odds with all the other random ideas that went in and stayed in without review. You can have the best creative minds in the industry but someone has to keep them on track and in check.

Yeah the problem is that you have to reign creatives in if you ever want to ship an end product. Left to their own devices they'll just keep thinking up new ideas and prototyping until the money runs out. Each new feature moving away from the original vision and remaining in prototype stage while the next idea pops up and takes shape, completely independent and at odds with all the other random ideas that went in and stayed in without review. You can have the best creative minds in the industry but someone has to keep them on track and in check.
You've just described JPop.

I just described almost every project I've been part of for the last 25yrs. It's just the way it goes. The less accountability the worse it gets.

Amen to that! Define the requirements, agree a scope, build it and deliver it. Doesn’t sound too hard when you write it down but f*ck me, it can be a ball ache! It needs someone to reign the rest in and keep it on track, sounds like deep root are struggling with that bit [emoji16]

Well, the TWIP article makes it all sound very exciting, but 15 new titles already planned? Including a religious one???????? Are they going to be selling to Churches?

If they bring out a quick succession of titles there will be little chance of decent software updates to previous titles.

If they do pull this off though, and actually produce and start shipping machines, I'm in !!!!!

Well, the TWIP article makes it all sound very exciting, but 15 new titles already planned? Including a religious one???????? Are they going to be selling to Churches?
'Fire & Brimstone - The first multi-denominational religious pinball game'. Well they've cornered the market with this one! Sounds like hell to me.

ok....why not develop an app callied pinbar and have the pinball connect to your phone? There you go i’ve sorted that for them now...better than toaster at the end surely?

All those titles?
They are smoking too much sh^t
Sneak preview of one of the new themes by John Pop after a two day bender:-
09DD3C08-21E5-43EF-90BD-A5B0B3F9F6DF.jpeg

The 'PinBar' allows you to exchange tickets for perks and upgrades in the game.

Nooooooooooooooo. I don't want DLC. Pay for a better experience. Supply boxes etc etc.

That could make for useful strategy decisions s if the tickets have to be earned in game rather than bought as DLC. Choose where to spend them them during the ball, or before the next ball.

That could make for useful strategy decisions s if the tickets have to be earned in game rather than bought as DLC. Choose where to spend them them during the ball, or before the next ball.
That's the way I understood it, rather than you buying upgrades to a game, you earn 'tickets' through your gameplay and decide how to spend them - similar to in RS buying souvenirs and deciding if you want to spend points on buying them, or using your gold in GoT.

I think there are some positives with what they've released, as well as some misses.

Pinbar - could be very good, if implemented wisely, and not over used. Think of the opposition to the Stern action button, which is now on most of their games. Likewise people not liking the full screen backbox, which is now standard. I doubt the 'sharp' corners will be the final version of this, most likely a prototype.

The glass lifting system has been seen in other machines. Again it has its own pros and cons.

The speakers at the front should be able to deliver a more immersive surround sound style.

The Pinpod, basically a wooden crate, is just a complete waste. Crate won't fit through a standard door, nor likely in the majority of cars. A waste of time. money and effort.

Setting up a machine on your own could be a benefit to people with limited physical ability, but most people manage to set a game up now anyway.

Having the machine tell you what legs need raising or lowering to give the optimum angle of playfield is a big plus.

I'm amazed at the opposition to the titles they've announced, when people have been whinging about another rock themed pin, or superhero pin. People have been moaning for years that they want an original theme, yet when does come along they do nothing but say it's $h!t.

People say they want innovation and original themes, yet when it comes along the first thing they do is pick fault with it.

At the end of the day I guess any thoughts are meaningless, as the way things have gone so far with DeepRoot, I'd be amazed if they managed to get half the games out they are proposing, if indeed they manage 1.

At least they are trying to address one of the main issues - crap play-fields.
I like this hammer testing idea......if the net result pays dividends.

There was no mention about manufacturing facility in the report. Have they got a factory setup yet? are they outsourcing lots of the manufacturing or doing it all in-house?

it worries me that they didn’t even have all the parts on site for a single machine they were showing off to a group of invited pinheads.

I really hope they do manage to produce a game. their innovations look exciting and will throw down a gauntlet to stern and jjp
IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its all a load of old codswallop.

They haven't even got one game going after 4 years. and this game won't see the light of day until next year...

Most of the folks working there have left.

The chance of actually needing to worry about tickets and DLC ----> 0.

Back
Top Bottom