What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Deeproot Pinball – What’s It All About?

J

James

deeproot pinball RAZA featured image
deeproot pinball have made a lot of claims in the market, but who are they, and when will we see something from them?

Continue reading...

Is that Sods law in action, writing an article hours before an update from deeproot?

Anyway, it was interesting to read as I heard the name deeproot mentioned, but didn't know anything about them.

Is that Sods law in action, writing an article hours before an update from deeproot?

Anyway, it was interesting to read as I heard the name deeproot mentioned, but didn't know anything about them.

Was good for me to just get my head around it all too, spent ages researching and then... the world changed. Still, relevant I suppose.

From what I understand they are shelling out a HELL of a lot of money in research and development every month. If figures are to be believed, it could be as much as $750k a month! I'm well aware of the controversy over JPop etc and broken promises made but they went above and beyond what was required by law and refunded a lot of people who had invested in Zidware. I think they genuinely have something which they believe is going to be a huge disruptor in the Pinball industry and at the moment... I believe them too.

Only a few more days til the Houston Arcade Expo.

I really hope that I am wrong, but I suspect that Deeproot will fail the "Fish Tales Test" on all three counts:

1. Will games cost more than 2 grand ?
  2. Will they be better made than Fish Tales ?
  3. Will games be better to play than Fish Tales ?

No longer is it complete vaporware... but many of the innovations we've been promised arent here in this prototype. They claim to be saving that for the reveal next year. The playfield isn't even manufactured by Deeproot and isnt made with their new method they claim to have invented.

I may give them a pass if they do a public flogging of Jpop on a live stream of some sort. Nothing serious, just a damn good beating with soap bars in socks will do.

As for the pin itself? It looks like a home brew slap together job to me. Although that widescreen display looks fantastic.

To be totally honest, the only way i'd ever buy from Deeproot, is if the Queen went on telly to personally guarantee the purchase wearing nothing but the crown jewels and a purple mankini 2 sizes too small.

Wasn’t familiar with JPop, not a pretty Wikipedia entry https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Popadiuk
Makes sense you’d only want to buy them from a supplier who had them in stock and would have to be quite keen. Having now seen the video, I see the cyclone bits. Can’t expect it will be a popular choice given the history. Oh well, shame; it is pretty.

Having re-fallen in love with ToM the last couple of weeks, I must say I love JPOP's games. His business sense leaves a lot to be desired.

I think I would get a deeproot game as long as its not PROC board set. Magic girl must be the loveliest looking pinball I have ever seen. Yes, it does need finishing off and proper assemblies need making so hopefully we MAY see that one day.

I hope they do come out with something good. Will it be the best thing ever? I doubt it but it should be good.

Haggis have not been up to much in lockdown either looking at youtube either. I think we need more companies manufacturing..... what we could do with is a UK pinball manufacturer..... I will get me coat..... :)

Having re-fallen in love with ToM the last couple of weeks, I must say I love JPOP's games. His business sense leaves a lot to be desired.

I think I would get a deeproot game as long as its not PROC board set. Magic girl must be the loveliest looking pinball I have ever seen. Yes, it does need finishing off and proper assemblies need making so hopefully we MAY see that one day.

I hope they do come out with something good. Will it be the best thing ever? I doubt it but it should be good.

Haggis have not been up to much in lockdown either looking at youtube either. I think we need more companies manufacturing..... what we could do with is a UK pinball manufacturer..... I will get me coat..... :)
Not a fan or P-ROC?

Back
Top Bottom