What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decent pinballs in arcades

Andy Hancock

Site Supporter
Just been in the Showboat in Hunstanton and played an excellent condition TWD. They also have a BBH in same nick. Really good to see machines in an arcade and all working .
Got me thinking what other arcades have good machines ?

Harbour Amusements in St Ives - Fully working Star Trek Pro.

On the negative side, I just got back from Weymouth. Three years ago there were some playable pins around there, now there's nothing.

There was a possible opportunity for a couple of project pins though:

I went into Harry's Amusements. They have a Pirates Of The Caribbean with filthy playfield, broken ship, knackered DMD, and weak flippers. Alongside that they have a Star Wars Episode 1 that has been left so long the flipper rubbers have crumbled onto the playfield!

Clearly neither machine is used or takes money. It seems they haven't even got the energy to move them on. So maybe if someone turned up with a van and offered to take them of their hands they'd let them go cheap.

Doesn't interest me but just a thought for any enthusiasts who live near there.

Nice WWE in Olympia in Weston Super Mare. Unfortunately WORST game EVER (Even worse than Popeye!)
Nice ACDC in the arcade over opposite side of the High Street :)

Went to the arcade at minehead what a selection, all well kept and loved, would defiantly recommend.

On the negative side, I just got back from Weymouth. Three years ago there were some playable pins around there, now there's nothing.

I went into Harry's Amusements. They have a Pirates Of The Caribbean with filthy playfield, broken ship, knackered DMD, and weak flippers. Alongside that they have a Star Wars Episode 1 that has been left so long the flipper rubbers have crumbled onto the playfield!

Clearly neither machine is used or takes money. It seems they haven't even got the energy to move them on. So maybe if someone turned up with a van and offered to take them of their hands they'd let them go cheap.

Don't bother! Last year I offered to buy the Star Wars. I don't even like the game but it has been sat there switched off for a couple of years now and that just seems stupid to me. They couldn't have been less interested.

There's a BDK at Penrith Centre Parcs which gets progressively more ****ed year on year. Also a POTC in a pub in Bowness which is marginally better.

Geek Retreat and HMV in Newcastle have decent games in (ST, SM, Monopoly, XMEN etc) all sites by Paisley pinball

I think the pin under wraps is a space shuttle would have loved a game but, wasn't ready yet worth a revisit, I really would recommend absolutely loved it at the arcade!
In butlins at minehead they have a Star Trek in the bowling alley it was ok needed new rubbers and a clean as it was dirty and ball got stuck as wasn't levelled properly

Clearly we're better served in arcades than I imagined
I must get out more!
Didn't realise my lad took a pic at Hunstanton

Just been in the Showboat in Hunstanton and played an excellent condition TWD. They also have a BBH in same nick. Really good to see machines in an arcade and all working .
Got me thinking what other arcades have good machines ?

I went there specifically to play the TWD LE they have there (which was practically untouched) in November, when I was visiting family in Norfolk.

Have they updated the code to current? Back then it was on release (or close to) code, and hence in a terrible, terrible state.

The machine is in brilliant condition, but the fact that they couldn't be ****d to update the code (I think there'd been at least 5 updates between its software version and what was current then) removed any potential fun and didn't reflect well on them at all ....

That's pretty sad. I asked the two attendants (who were otherwise helpful) if they could make a note of the fact that it was on really old code and either update it themselves or get the maintenance guy / proprietor to update it. Obviously nothing's been done. The old code is so bad. It will definitely limit their takings.

If this is Harry's amusements in Bristol he's not intrested in selling I now this ad it's my granddads brother who owns it and I have asked numerous times

And today a mint wrestle mania in wells

Is this Wells in Somerset or Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk?

I was over in Norfolk for Easter. We planned to visit Wells-next-the-Sea and Hunstanton, but didn't go because of the poor weather. :(

There is still a nice CSI in Gold Rush Arcade in Great Yarmouth, plus an average WOZ and a dead South Park in Majestic Amusements there as well.

Is this Wells in Somerset or Wells-next-the-Sea in Norfolk?

I was over in Norfolk for Easter. We planned to visit Wells-next-the-Sea and Hunstanton, but didn't go because of the poor weather. :(

There is still a nice CSI in Gold Rush Arcade in Great Yarmouth, plus an average WOZ and a dead South Park in Majestic Amusements there as well.
Sorry, Wells-next-the Sea

If this is Harry's amusements in Bristol he's not intrested in selling I now this ad it's my granddads brother who owns it and I have asked numerous times

Harry's Amusements in Weymouth. I'm getting the message here that mostly these guys don't want to sell. Maybe they don't want the responsibility of selling second hand electrical goods to the general public.

image.jpeg There is Dreamland of course. Mostly old EMs or early solid state but changes lineup from time to time.

Nice WWE in Olympia in Weston Super Mare. Unfortunately WORST game EVER (Even worse than Popeye!)
Nice ACDC in the arcade over opposite side of the High Street :)
Played Wrestlemania in Weston today. No ball save, tight tilt and overall awful game.

So, went to the pier, same 4 games as always. Filthy, and played like crap.

FFS, no wonder pinball on the decline as if that was my only experience of pinball would never play again:mad:

Played Wrestlemania in Weston today. No ball save, tight tilt and overall awful game.

So, went to the pier, same 4 games as always. Filthy, and played like crap.

FFS, no wonder pinball on the decline as if that was my only experience of pinball would never play again:mad:

There's a Wrestlemania on location? I think there must only be 1 in the whole country!

Back
Top Bottom