What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

debugging tilt wierdisms

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2463

Yesterday at my event Indy500 acted strange on tilt a couple of times where it danger danger-danger tilt from not a huge nudge. The tilt on this I thought I had on tight but looking at it it was actually set fairly loose. I've since played it a few times and can't reproduce - anyone got any advice on how to check this?

Neil.

hmm reading on pinside that just seems to be the nature of this game, there is no de-bounce on it. so maybe need the old earplug foam on this one?

its probably due to a different player playing the machine. On my Paragon, I sometimes get a tilt when I haven't' appeared to have nudged the machine much, but it happens after I have had a long ball and the repeated small nudging has got the pendulum swinging and it eventually triggers. Clare on the other hand never gets the machine to tilt as she rarely nudges at all.

It might be to do with direction of movement. I did notice many of your games had their levellers touching the back wall of the cabin. I normally put a bit of space between levellers and walls to allow movement of any machine...

If you want to check then just put it in switch test and shake or nudge the machine...

It might be to do with direction of movement. I did notice many of your games had their levellers touching the back wall of the cabin. I normally put a bit of space between levellers and walls to allow movement of any machine...

If you want to check then just put it in switch test and shake or nudge the machine...

Yeah I did that and I'm struggling to make it do what I think happened twice. I don't want the games to move at all and I try to set up all the games so you don't want to them to move but I'll try and pull them out a bit and see how that affects play.

On my games I aim that one big nudge will give you a warning but if you move/slide the game its going to tilt. On this case though the game didn't move at all, there was big nudge but not hugely big to trigger two warnings and TILT, there is no debounce on Williams game so I'm wondering if its purely down to the fact that previous nudging had the bob moving already. For me getting the balance of the tilt right is one of the more crucial things in pinball so that you balance those with excellent aim and shooting with those that can nudge (def: a light touch or push). Nothing worse than someone who looks like they are navigating their shopping trolley round Tesco's as opposed to playing pinball...

cheers,
Neil.

Back
Top Bottom