What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DE Jurassic Park problems

Adrian Donati

Registered
10 Years
Been working on a JP for some time now, but every time I think I have it sorted, something else goes!

The latest problem is failure of Q10 and Q11, TIP122's which drive the left slingshot and left thumper bumper respectively. Thought I'd check the coils first, but the bumper coil reads 3.8 Ohm when removed from the table. The rest of the surrounding circuitry seems OK as well.

Given that Q10 and Q11 went at the same time, I suspect it may be something more sinister, but I'm at a loss as to what.

For the record, the game had previously tested OK and survived a couple of 10 minute test sessions before I reconnected the light board in the back box and gave the playfield a bit of a clean, so there were only two differences when the components failed: 1) Back box GI reconnected, and 2) a longer session played (about 30 mins)

It is also worth noting that I didn't actually notice the sling or the bumper give up, rather I smelled overheating component and promptly turned the game off.

I may well be missing some thing obvious, so if anybody has any suggestions I'd be very grateful :)

Thanks,
Adrian.

Back
Top Bottom