What's new

Dataeast Missing sounds ideas?

cathaldub

Registered
Ignore the fact the DMD is plugged out and the flicker from the LEDs, this is just the refresh rate of the camera [emoji1787]
I’ve a weird sound issue with my LW3
Some sounds are missing or play loud static or screeching like they are corrupt, then just randomly the music will stop.
I don’t want to buy a new sound board and find out it’s not the sound board at all.

I’ve tried:
Ribbon cable
Volume pot
PIAs on MPU
Voltages are OK, I’ve powered it up from an ATX power supply to rule out anything like ac ripple/etc.
Changed RAM in both MPU and on sound board. Changed CPU on sound board.
Verified all ROMs.
Recapped Sound board
Reset factory settings

The boot up bong or back in action doesn’t play at all, c&c music is corrupt but zztop and other one are OK
Is there a way to identify which rom is responsible for each sound?

[youtube]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had missing sounds on my DE Hook and new sound ROMs cured it in my case.

Cathal,
You could call down to me with your sound board and try it in my TFTC?
at least that would narrow it down a bit.

Good thinking, I forgot you’d still a dataeast machine, I might try do that the weekend. I need to finish this thing as I’ve another project on the go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve narrowed this down to U26(TDA1543). When I do a sound test I can see activity on pin3(Data) for all sounds, even ones that dont play aloud, the working sounds I can see activity on pin8 (AOR), but the missing sounds nothing, also nothing ever comes out of pin6 (AOL). I’ve ordered 1 so will see how it goes and update the post incase it helps anyone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom