What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sold Data East Star Wars

Matt Adams

Site Supporter
So the unthinkable has happened (due to the problem we all have, space constraints) and I am having to reduce my top 5 Data East games down to 4

For sale is my Data East Star Wars machine which I have owned for at least 8 but probably over 10 years. I brought it from a guy who had owned it since it was 4 years old and was retired out of an arcade. It was supplied to him by Bob Thompson of Pinball Paradise who was lovely guy (as many of us oldies will know) and not the scallies who run it now!

This is in lovely condition, certainly the best one I have seen or owned (of 5) and has been faultless over the years. As well as the parts listed below it has a Pinsound board and Pinball Pro speakers fitted which completely change the experience of playing the game.

You can see a video of this game being played here
although this was before I got the death star to light up as nicely as it does now!

I have a Darth Vader head that would make a great topper (I don’t have the head room) that will be included. The eyes and mouth used light up but the battery’s leaked. I don’t suppose it would take much to wire it into the game.

So, the good bits (when I say new I mean been replaced in my ownership!)…

• New drop targets and decals
  • Playfield is lovely
  • The battery’s have been replaced once a year religiously but I will install a remote holder before it leaves me.
  • Stripped and re-rubbered a couple of times over the years
  • Power board re-capped by Andy N a year or so ago
  • Flippers rebuilt
  • New DE East flippers
  • Ramp fine with no broken welds
  • Led’s to inserts and incandescent bulbs to GI
  • R2D2 is as new, look at the chrome in the photo!!
  • New bumper caps
  • Chad code roms installed (originals included)
  • New stand up targets
  • Cliffy’s to Force and Stalacc scoops
  • Manual and some spare parts included

The bad bits

• The side rails have chipped where the lock down bar hits them. Please see close up photos
  • The lock down bar has been powder coated black which looks fine but is not the original textured finish.

So, there are 2 options to buy this game;

With the Pinsound and Pinball pro speakers included £2900

With original sound board and speakers fitted £2600

Located in Middleton-on-Sea, West Sussex. Give me a shout if you have any questions

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG15.JPG16.JPG17.JPG18.JPG19.JPG20.JPG21.JPG22.JPG23.JPG24.JPG25.JPG26.jpg

Quality always sells .
There has to be something said about the quality of machines sold by Bob Thompson. I also have a DE Star Wars which is *mint* looks practically brand new which came from Bob. I have a friend who had another that was immaculate that originally came from Bob too.

So the unthinkable has happened (due to the problem we all have, space constraints) and I am having to reduce my top 5 Data East games down to 4

For sale is my Data East Star Wars machine which I have owned for at least 8 but probably over 10 years. I brought it from a guy who had owned it since it was 4 years old and was retired out of an arcade. It was supplied to him by Bob Thompson of Pinball Paradise who was lovely guy (as many of us oldies will know) and not the scallies who run it now!

This is in lovely condition, certainly the best one I have seen or owned (of 5) and has been faultless over the years. As well as the parts listed below it has a Pinsound board and Pinball Pro speakers fitted which completely change the experience of playing the game.

You can see a video of this game being played here
although this was before I got the death star to light up as nicely as it does now!

I have a Darth Vader head that would make a great topper (I don’t have the head room) that will be included. The eyes and mouth used light up but the battery’s leaked. I don’t suppose it would take much to wire it into the game.

So, the good bits (when I say new I mean been replaced in my ownership!)…

• New drop targets and decals
  • Playfield is lovely
  • The battery’s have been replaced once a year religiously but I will install a remote holder before it leaves me.
  • Stripped and re-rubbered a couple of times over the years
  • Power board re-capped by Andy N a year or so ago
  • Flippers rebuilt
  • New DE East flippers
  • Ramp fine with no broken welds
  • Led’s to inserts and incandescent bulbs to GI
  • R2D2 is as new, look at the chrome in the photo!!
  • New bumper caps
  • Chad code roms installed (originals included)
  • New stand up targets
  • Cliffy’s to Force and Stalacc scoops
  • Manual and some spare parts included

The bad bits

• The side rails have chipped where the lock down bar hits them. Please see close up photos
  • The lock down bar has been powder coated black which looks fine but is not the original textured finish.

So, there are 2 options to buy this game;

With the Pinsound and Pinball pro speakers included £2900

With original sound board and speakers fitted £2600

Located in Middleton-on-Sea, West Sussex. Give me a shout if you have any questions

View attachment 123535View attachment 123536View attachment 123537View attachment 123538View attachment 123539View attachment 123540View attachment 123541View attachment 123542View attachment 123543View attachment 123544View attachment 123545View attachment 123546View attachment 123547View attachment 123548View attachment 123549View attachment 123550View attachment 123551View attachment 123552View attachment 123553View attachment 123554View attachment 123555View attachment 123556View attachment 123557View attachment 123558View attachment 123559View attachment 123560
Beautiful table, stunning condition. Bob was a good man, he had a crazy amount of stuff back in the day, I used to go to his show at Gatwick.

Matt please could you share how you got the Death Star to light up it looks great!
Really easy, its basically clear plastic sprayed from the inside. Get some fine wet and dry (1200 grade or so) and in a bowl of water sand the high parts on the inside so it removes the paint from those bits only. Take it easy and hold it up to the light every now and then to check progress :thumbs: upgrade the two existing 44's under the dome to led's for extra effect.

Back
Top Bottom